The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apex Forged wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
This is how they found the Unibomber. He used the phrase correctly in his manifesto, and in his letters to his brother, leading the Feds to discover it was him.

His Mother was an English Teacher. She was my brother English teacher in High School. Nope, My brother does not make bombs. His younger brother.....That's another story.

After seeing the prices for BMW fitment these are going to be a great deal for Mustang owners.

I’m cool with these being made in China knowing they are designed and engineered here in the USA. Quality and craftsmanship can be managed. Labor is slower to bring up to standard, unfortunately.

Politics aside, it just makes sense to have them manufactured where labor is cheap. Those savings will be passed onto us consumers.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Checking in again.

Hey Apex, will we see Mustang forged wheels before the end of the year?

cough-Christmas bonus-cough

Hello again! No Forged Mustang wheels by the end of the year, I'd say Feb-March at this point. There's been a weird delay holding up the progress of them. The delay is not due to these wheels thankfully, but they are affected timeline wise.

:(DAMN! That’s depressing.

Here I’ve been saving my pennies since spring, and now they’re delayed... 9 months?

Ah well. Let’s hope they’re worth the wait.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would bet they will be done in the US......with tariffs and aluminum costs ,it makes sense for them to be built here both cost wise and quality wise.

I would bet they will be done in the US......with tariffs and aluminum costs ,it makes sense for them to be built here both cost wise and quality wise.

The Alum tariff is 25% last I checked, and that’s still not enough to offset the cost of doing business in the US compared to Red China. The standard of living and labor laws here are much, much higher than in China.

:(DAMN! That’s depressing.

Here I’ve been saving my pennies since spring, and now they’re delayed... 9 months?

Ah well. Let’s hope they’re worth the wait.
Mustang and Camaro fitments were never scheduled to be released in the Spring, that was just BMW. Their original ETA was December, so we did miss it, but only by a few months.

Please, don’t misunderstand me when I ask this; I love that we are all civil and honorable to one another here. It’s a rarity in Internet forums, and I do not want to lose that.

So please do not take my question the wrong way, but why does it matter where they will be manufactured?

Mustang and Camaro fitments were never scheduled to be released in the Spring, that was just BMW. Their original ETA was December, so we did miss it, but only by a few months.

I was told earlier in the thread that we would have more info in the spring/summer. When no other information came, I continued to ask. It’s only now that we’ve been told Feb-March.

I’m not mad about it or anything, just disappointed. I am looking forward to the wheels. I would like very much to be one of the first to receive a set, and I’m very anxious for them is all. No disrespect.

TMO Supporting Vendors