The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apex Forged Mustang Wheels | Performance Solutions for Street and Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Hmmm. Will the 18x12 wheels clear PP2 Brembos?
Yes of course! Plenty of barrel and spoke clearance (remember the spacer needed for strut clearance)

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Production Update

Batch 1: The first batch of wheels is arriving at our warehouse in the first week of January. We are on track to fulfill these wheels in January as planned. We will continue to notify everyone once orders begin to ship out.

Batch 2: Production is being buttoned up, and we are on track to ship orders out in March without delay. We do not expect any delays at this time and will update everyone once production is completed.

Reorder Production: Due to the success of this deal, we are already producing additional wheels to arrive a few weeks after the 2nd batch.

Video Q&A With Our Founder

Our Marketing Director sat down with our CEO to discuss the in’s and out’s of our new Motorsport Blanks. Check out our latest episode of APEX Tech Talk to learn about the difference between our motorsport blanks and typical “street” blanks.

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Batch 1 & 2 arrival clarification:

Some of you were confused by our last update regarding the January and March arrival of wheels, and we wanted to provide some clarification. We produced a significant number of wheels, so all sizes won’t be finished at the same time. The first batch is set to ship out to customers in January, and the second batch will ship out in March. We recommend viewing the “Available Fitments” table on the deal description tab for an ETA of your desired fitment.

The vast majority of participants will receive wheels in accordance with the ETAs listed on the fitment tables. However, with such a high volume of participants, it’s possible that popular sizes from the first January batch run out. Don't worry, we’re already making more and they should be ready to ship out at the end of March. Only once the deal comes to a close will we know accurate ETA dates per order as many people have backup designs and finishes selected, so a calculation can’t be made at this time. In a future update we’ll provide more detail on the options you’ll have once the deal closes, for processing your order.

51750345045_a22748b003_b.jpg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
CT
I just purchased a few weeks ago four EC-7 19x11 in bronze for my Race Red 2020 Mustang GT with Performance Level 2. Getting the Michelin Sport Cup 2's that came with the car mounted and with my Apex spacers I'm ready. Will post pics of them as soon as I get them back from getting ceramic coated. I am very pleased with these wheels and I'm going to get more!

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
New Mustang Content!

We recently met up with our friends from Dig Motorsports to shoot their S197 Spec Mustangs at Thunderhill Raceway. These cars are set up with the 18x11” ET52 square fitment, paired with 305/35-18 Nitto NT01 tires. The white car showcases our EC-7RS wheels in Satin Black, and the blue car is fitted with our VS-5RS wheels in Brushed Clear. We look forward to seeing these cars with our Sprint Line Forged Wheels on the podium next year!

51783781556_3efbd6660a_b.jpg
51784411314_be211983b8_b.jpg
51784656455_30ecee1efc_b.jpg
51782969147_e3675cc42f_b.jpg
51783781486_72ae28d178_b.jpg
51784036118_e10ef8295d_b.jpg
51784411204_d156be97d0_b.jpg

New Years Eve will limit last minute answers:

As the deal comes to a close and many people submit orders in the final hours, time is running out for our staff to respond to questions. We’re trying to get back to people after normal business hours to support people as much as possible, but this year the deal happens to end on New Years eve. Our staff will likely be unable to answer questions that come in after 4pm pacific on Friday. If you’re on the fence and have questions. Please submit them asap so we can get back to you before the deal ends.

Feel free to message us directly through the “Message Vendor” feature here or send us an email to [email protected].

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
These will be my next wheels, they do look very similar to my PP2 streets, have the squared 19x11 EC-7s now for track. My question is, since these are forged, what are the torque specs on ARP studs, are they the same as the EC-7s? Just need to confirm. Thx, beautiful wheels.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
These will be my next wheels, they do look very similar to my PP2 streets, have the squared 19x11 EC-7s now for track. My question is, since these are forged, what are the torque specs on ARP studs, are they the same as the EC-7s? Just need to confirm. Thx, beautiful wheels.
Same torque specs. 90-100 ft/lbs 1/2" studs, 125-140 ft/lbs 14mm studs

I just checked their website. They do have a group by running on the SM-10's. Check it out.

True, but the SM-10 is a flow formed wheel, not their forged Sprint line. I too am waiting on their 2nd batch that is supposed to have the 18x10" EC7RS size and group buy so a very valid question.

Currently their site says "Availability 2022" for the size I am looking at, whereas before it was quoting March 2022. I suspect a delay is pushing out the group buy.
https://www.apexraceparts.com/our-wheels/forged-ec7rs.html

Apex Wheels

Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Thanks, I did see that. Its tempting and a good deal, but I'm trying to hold out for a group buy on the new EC7-RS wheels in a GT350 friendly size
The sample wheels were delayed a lot, which has pushed the start of the Group Buy as we can't launch it without some content. The arrival date for the production wheels is still on track for March/April in the VS-5RS sizes, however the EC-7RS was put on hold for now due to a severe lack of demand. I would not expect 19" EC-7RS wheels until late summer or beyond.

The sample wheels were delayed a lot, which has pushed the start of the Group Buy as we can't launch it without some content. The arrival date for the production wheels is still on track for March/April in the VS-5RS sizes, however the EC-7RS was put on hold for now due to a severe lack of demand. I would not expect 19" EC-7RS wheels until late summer or beyond.
Thanks for the update and info. Would you expect a group buy on the EC-7RS sizes when the production run does comes around? It seems I am not alone in that the first group buy had some missing sizes in the EC-7RS that caused us to hold off on participating on this great new design.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would politely suggest if you are looking for a set of Apex rims for your GT 350 to just jump in the water and get a set now or soon. I have had 5 sets of Apex rims over the past years and I did not get a single set on a group buy, primarily because " Group Buys " only occur occasionally and I did not want to sit around during race season waiting for a set when I needed them. Surprisingly, folks understand the shipping issues and metal delays now, but working at Woodhouse C,D,J, R and Woodhouse Ford I can tell you delays on aluminum and wheel production is nothing new. Over the last 20 years I can remember numerous times we had long waiting periods to get a set of forged or aluminum wheels so consider getting a set while you can. I think the one things that softens the blow with Apex is they are one of the most reasonable hubcentric flow formed wheels on the market and better yet they are designed for our cars, not just ones that sorta fit. Usually a group buy only saves you 200-300 dollars and if there are delays you could miss a couple of events you want to attend. Just a thought and just throwing it out there because even though I am out of Automotive Sales I still stay in constant contact with many of my friends and colleagues I worked with for 27 years and the shortages in so many areas are sometimes hard to predict. Woodhouse has two large Warehouses of Parts they stock to help other Dealers ( they soon will have 19 Dealerships ) and things in short supply often seem odd to others. There have been runs on Apex rims ( and others ) in years past , so if they have them or can get them in production get an order in (just my humble opinion ).

PS - one last note, I did wait once for an extra set I decided I could use for a rain tire setup ,only to have the group buy canceled because not enough folks signed up. That is a consideration many don't consider , but it has happened on occasion in the past.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear Bill,
You are getting old and apparently you don't have your bifocals on because yesterday, yes yesterday, Apex RaceParts just announced a NEW " Group Buy " so time for folks to commit, since they are suggesting stuff will go out around March 1, 2022. Not long to wait , so some of you lucky guys/gals will be able to get a discount soon.

Public Service Announcement to correct an old man's misinformation -- well I was wrong on any " Group Buy " coming soon.

....and have a nice day.

TMO Supporting Vendors