The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apex Wheels Group Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
F.D. Sako said:
18x10? is that a typo?! I thought we said 18x11! ::)
We did, seems these guys are always a little behind.
When we were clamoring for 18/10's there were none...for a year.
Now we want 18/11's and 18/12's and they are just now talking about making more 18/10's.
Good product, lousy marketing. It's too bad. :'(

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
They could have sold the snot out of the 10's all last year and now that everybody is wanting to upgrade to 11's they could have sold us all new wheels again, but nooooo.....

Fabman said:
They could have sold the snot out of the 10's all last year and now that everybody is wanting to upgrade to 11's they could have sold us all new wheels again, but nooooo.....
I've been talking to them for three years about this. I'm not holding my breath that they make 18x11. Too bad because they make awesome wheels that are a tremendous value.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
VoodooBOSS said:
I've been talking to them for three years about this. I'm not holding my breath that they make 18x11. Too bad because they make awesome wheels that are a tremendous value.
They are just handing all that business to Forgestar. Whateva.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Possesion is 9/10's of the law......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
byronj said:
I wasn't worried. I know its just ball busting. :p
I know, I'm just teasing you.

Fabman said:
Gee...I wonder who's car that is.. ;)

7279c49c-45b9-40ea-96c8-ec0e36ac4386.jpg

Sal,

Are those Baer Extremes hiding behind the wheel? How are they working out? I've got NIB F&R sets and I'm trying to decide if I should move forward with installing them on the LS.

Best,

Jim

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
CA302LS said:
Gee...I wonder who's car that is.. ;)

7279c49c-45b9-40ea-96c8-ec0e36ac4386.jpg

Sal,

Are those Baer Extremes hiding behind the wheel? How are they working out? I've got NIB F&R sets and I'm trying to decide if I should move forward with installing them on the LS.

Best,

Jim
Those were the Baer ProPlus.
The Baer Extremes will get stress tested on Saturday.
Stay Tuned!

Is it me or do they look similiar to the FRPP bbs? Or am I just crazy? On the other hand these look fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
... and a good looking car it is Fabman 8) We now have multiple threads live on TMO, so be sure to check them out. In effort to keep conversation organized, here are some links:

About APEX & Feedback Survey - Learn more about APEX, and If you have any feedback for us, here is the place to do it

APEX EC-7 18x10" ET43 Group Buy Pre-Order- If you are looking for wheels in the immediate future in preparation for the upcoming season, this is the deal to join!

After reading through some of the posts above, I'd like to clear up a few things. The EC-7 18x10" ET43 is simply going back into production, as this is an existing tooling for us. We recognize that many enthusiasts need wheels as soon as possible for the upcoming season, and this Group Buy is in place to do just that. With that said, your requests for a wider wheel are well received. We are now focusing on broadening our Mustang lineup, and the first order of business is to produce an EC-7 18x11". Not only will this compliment our existing EC-7 18x9.5" ET35 and 18x10" ET43 for those looking to run a staggered fitment, the 18x11" wheel will be most attractive to enthusiasts in pursuit of a rotatable square fitment that properly supports a wide array of track oriented compounds. Since this is a new tooling for us, there are multiple production related tasks that needs to be completed. Our goal is to expedite the process without cutting any corners, and I will keep you folks in the loop along the way.

As Voodoo & Fabman mentioned, this is long overdue. We are the first to admit that internal bandwidth to properly service the Mustang community was just not there in 2016. We have gone through great lengths to change gears, and this year is all about delivering quality wheels to the Mustang community. Blah, blah, blah... Let's make some wheels!

- Ryan

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Here is the official thread since there was not a link in the OP. 8)

APEX EC-7 Track Wheel Group Buy

Here it is! The Mustang-specific EC-7 track wheel is here!
You guys asked for another production run of the 18x10” ET43 EC-7 track wheel for the 2017 season, so we scrambled our jets, coordinated with production, and we’ll be able to get these wheels to you ASAP.
Our expected ETA for these wheels is late-March, but there is a chance they may arrive sooner. We know you’ve already got track days scheduled, and we’re working to make sure these wheels get to you as soon as humanly possible.

We have design and manufacturing details listed below, but we want to call attention to the fact that the APEX EC-7 18x10” ET43 is one of the few 18” wheels on the market that can clear the S550 Performance Package brakes, S197 14” Brembo BBK, S197 GT500 15” Brembo BBK, and more! Contact us if you have any questions about BBK clearance.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to—even if you’re the first participant. Pledging during the payment phase is risk free!

image4_594.jpg

image_594.jpg

image3_594.jpg
image2_594.jpg

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! Just contact us at [email protected]. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

Want to see how they look?

TMO Supporting Vendors