The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apperance mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
As you all know I have created a "Boss clone" from my '11 Brembo GT and I do like to dress it up. Here is my latest work in progress:
LimeRock4-9-12004.jpg
LimeRock4-9-12006.jpg
LimeRock4-9-12005.jpg
LimeRock4-9-12183.jpg

The Wood Brothers tribute is almost complete, will be doing the door numbers later today. Also have added the RTR spoiler and the World Challenge splitter. My Tiger hood is in white and will be detailed with red center section this week. Also having proper Motorcraft graphics made for the hood and the quarter panels.
Hope you like it.
Steve

I've been considering the RTR wing, how do you like it so far? Pics would be appreciated, especially sine mine is white ;D

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
boss2511 said:
i only have a third brake tail light decal. I like the decal on the wing. I would make it say "beaten by a ford lately?" lol

I started driving in '82, Ford had the slogan as their advertising tag line and Bob Glidden in Pro Stock and Darin Brassfield in IMSA had decals like that on the rear bumpers of their T-birds. I saw both cars race in '86 and it just stuck with me.

Car is still on the street for Sunday drives, no reason not to, AC, Nav, Sattelite radio and it's pretty quiet and comfortable when cruising on the highway at 75. I do find that I don't drive aggressively on the streets, I do my racing on the track, there really is nothing like 7500 rpm at the top of fourth gear!
Steve

It looks awesome and I can't wait to see the hood.

I like the hood, better than the oe Boss one, but if my vinyl ever goes bad I think I'm going to have just the power bulge painted black so it kind of looks like a pro-stock hood

Wow, if you hadn't stated it was a "clone" from a 2011 GT, I would have never known it wasn't a BOSS 302! Great job my Brother! It looks GREAT!!!!

Ben

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Wheel are 19x8.5" F and 19x9.5" R from American Muscle they are sort of RTR copies and weigh in about 3.5 lbs lighter on average than my Boss 302 S wheels. I have them shod with Pirelli Corsas in 255/285-19 sizes. They are cheap, I paid $145 ea shipping included! For a track wheel they are nice. This past weekend I installed the Ford Racing/ARP long lug studs and open nuts, also am not running center caps, I think the look is pure business and the car performs as well as it looks.

PS I got 24 mpg on my trip back from the track 2 weeks ago, modern muscle is just awesome.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors