The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ARCHETYPE RACING Vengeance Track Spec Canards are back!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
How are these attached to the car? I skimmed through the thread...maybe I missed it?
There are three mounting solutions.

1. Through bolt. This requires removal of the fascia an drilling holes in your fascia to pass the bolts through. This method is usually incorporated with other mods like tow hook install, oil line replacement, etc.
  2. Riv nut. You're still drilling holes in your fascia, but with the riv nuts, the canards become removable. I've had several customers go the riv nut route, due to class rules. They remove the canards to run their class events and reinstall for others that don't have rules against added aero.
  3. 3M VHB. A popular choice. The canards are affixed with 3M VHB double sided tape. No drilling is required. They can also be affixed to a front fascia with PPF.
Like everything else I offer, free shipping, all of the mounting hardware, and install instructions come as standard. You also get a really killer look!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My credit card is waiting , I want the first set , or the second or the third, as long as they are part of the first shipment sent!!!!! Heh, I know they aren't done, and I am trying to temper my enthusiasm , but they look badass and after seeing AntonioMoosetangio front splitter that amped up the excitement level. That splitter is a thing of beauty, yet it is a beast!!

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
My credit card is waiting , I want the first set , or the second or the third, as long as they are part of the first shipment sent!!!!! Heh, I know they aren't done, and I am trying to temper my enthusiasm , but they look badass and after seeing AntonioMoosetangio front splitter that amped up the excitement level. That splitter is a thing of beauty, yet it is a beast!!
Well, Bill... since you poked the bear, I guess it's only fair that I give everyone a sneak peek on what's cooking. Attached is the rev of the canard that made the cut to be made as a 3D printed Beta part for test fit and overall cohesion with the front fascia. The print started this past Friday and I'll have it in my hands tomorrow (6/15). If all is well, a plug will be made for the mold, then the mold will be made. Once its cured and I've pulled a pair of test canards off of it, and they fit check -good, we're off to the races!

As of today, pricing has not been set. But I don't see it being more than the range previously discussed. If any of you in the 13-14 Mustang crowd are interested in a pair, let me know. I will definitely need to gauge how much time I'll need to throw at this part, once it's available, to keep lead times to a minimum. If you have a '12 and would like to double check fitment on your car with the 3D printed Beta piece, let me know. I'd gladly send it your way for test fit.

REV 2.png

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
I can check the fit for you. No drill??
That’s correct, TMSBOSS. The mounting flange will be large enough to accommodate 1” 3M VHB. Rivnut install will be an option too, for those cars that participate in classes that don’t allow canards. It makes removal and install a piece of cake.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
I'm very interested but I want to seem them on the bumper from your test fit!!

Riv nut would probably be my preferred,as my bumpers coming off this weekend and I'd really like to not to do it again soon (Dang custom Grilles and brake ducts).

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Made revisions to the shape, just yesterday. Another Beta part will be printed and fit checked. I was able to verify that the canards will work on the '10-'12 cars too. So that's a bonus. It's roughly an 18 hour print job. I should have it ready for fitment this week.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the constant updates , that is much appreciated and of course it keeps all of us interested parties from posting every week ------- " Eightlug are you done yet, are you, huh, are they finished , when can you ship , can I get them in yellow or chartreuse?!"

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the constant updates , that is much appreciated and of course it keeps all of us interested parties from posting every week ------- " Eightlug are you done yet, are you, huh, are they finished , when can you ship , can I get them in yellow or chartreuse?!"
Oh, there are so many outlets, these days, to keep tabs on. This particular project for the '10-'14 canards is intertwined with the GT350's VENGEANCE canard update thread.

I'll start a fresh thread for the '10-'14 THUNDERCHIEF Canard project.

TMO Supporting Vendors