The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ARCHETYPE RACING - VOODOO/COYOTE/PREDATOR Oil Balancing Hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor
Oil balancing lines are now on the website.

It's widely known that Voodoo engines have been known to fail from oil aeration on cylinders 4 and 8. The aeration of oil negatively affects lash adjusters, camshafts, and cam phasers. These hoses allow cross head oil flow/pressure and bank balancing. To mitigate this issue, oil balancing lines are installed from the factory on FP350S engines. For us Voodoo, Coyote (Gen 2 verified), and Predator owners, the good thing is, the factory has equipped the heads with 2 pairs of plugged ports on the back of the heads to allow the installation of these oil balancing hoses.

These are very high quality -6AN hoses are made in the USA from PTFE (Teflon) hose with an Aramid Kevlar braid. They are tested to 1,000 PSI, prior to shipping. Burst rating is 9,500 PSI. Very well overbuilt for this application. The hoses are also sleeved for insulation and chaffing resistance. They will withstand sustained heat of 350 degrees F. The male pipe to -6 adapter fitting will also be included.

• Direct install for Voodoo, Predator, Gen 2 Coyote engine (Gen 3 to be confirmed), '12-'13 BOSS 302
  • Installation instructions are included
  • TMO Forum Member/Veteran/LEO (First Responder) 10% discount is available - email [email protected] for a custom invoice. Please add your shipping address and phone number in your email.
  • More fitment applications may be available. Send an email to [email protected]
  • Free shipping to the lower 48 states
  • Please email [email protected] for an international shipping quote

image_123927839(2).JPG

image_123923953(4).JPG

image_6487327.JPG

image_123923953(3).JPG

image_123923953(2).JPG

image_6487327(1).JPG

Last edited:

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
The plugged ports seem to be on the Gen 1 head based on photos online and the Ford Racing CAD data, but will be interested to see how this develops based on your research with in-hand examples.
View attachment 61466
View attachment 61467
Nice! Great to know
The plugged ports seem to be on the Gen 1 head based on photos online and the Ford Racing CAD data, but will be interested to see how this develops based on your research with in-hand examples.
View attachment 61466
View attachment 61467
Good to know! Here's a couple close-ups of the install. I'm writing the basic install instructions now. It's pretty straightforward.

image_50457601.JPG

image_50432001.JPG

Very cool! I'm starting to understand why Ford equipped the specific M-6500-M50R lash adjuster on the 5.2 engines. Do you believe the aeration is a specific issue to the Voodoo due to the higher rpm operating range when compared to the normal Coyote, or are there other generalized Coyote-architecture elements that create this issue? I've read up on the oil pump and crankcase windage possibly creating some aeration in the oil, but I'm not aware of other contributors and how drastic they may be for the regular 5.0-owner (if you have any info you could share with a newcomer like myself).

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Very cool! I'm starting to understand why Ford equipped the specific M-6500-M50R lash adjuster on the 5.2 engines. Do you believe the aeration is a specific issue to the Voodoo due to the higher rpm operating range when compared to the normal Coyote, or are there other generalized Coyote-architecture elements that create this issue? I've read up on the oil pump and crankcase windage possibly creating some aeration in the oil, but I'm not aware of other contributors and how drastic they may be for the regular 5.0-owner (if you have any info you could share with a newcomer like myself).
Honestly, not being a Coyote owner, I haven't really looked into aeration effects on those engines. Possibly, if I search around, I could find some data on Coyote engine failures and causes. From what I've heard, they are a pretty stout engine. I'll dig around and report back with what I find.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
These will be going on my engine as well. I'll provide an update on the install (while motor is in the car). I removed the IM and got the 4 pipe thread bolts loosened - hopefully getting the new fittings on once I receive the kit won't be too much of a hassle. Its pretty tight back there but should be doable with the IM removed.

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
If the install is possible without taking the engine out of the car, I'll be down for a set on my 350 then.
@yotah1, it absolutely is. The easiest "engine in the car" method would be to remove the intake manifold. The hoses will arrive with detailed install instructions (electrical connector locations, torque specs, all color coded, pictures and details) and there are also several really good videos on the IM removal/install on YouTube. It's roughly a 2 hour job, depending on your mechanical ability.

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Any word on Gen 1 Coyotes?
From the data shared by mwjscn the ports appear to be there. I'm sure, with an inspection mirror, you'd be able to peek around to the back of the heads to verify. If I remember correctly, I had one comment on Facebook stating his Gen 1 Coyote had the ports. I was surprised to hear the Gen 3 did not, which sounds odd to me. Maybe he was referring to the coolant port that has a freeze plug in it.

From the data shared by mwjscn the ports appear to be there. I'm sure, with an inspection mirror, you'd be able to peek around to the back of the heads to verify. If I remember correctly, I had one comment on Facebook stating his Gen 1 Coyote had the ports. I was surprised to hear the Gen 3 did not, which sounds odd to me. Maybe he was referring to the coolant port that has a freeze plug in it.
The Gen3 heads have the ports. They are sealed with pressed in plugs though but can be tapped for screw in plugs (which I did in photo).

20210128_150936.jpg

Oil balancing lines are now on the website.

It's widely known that Voodoo engines have been known to fail from oil aeration on cylinders 4 and 8. The aeration of oil negatively affects lash adjusters, camshafts, and cam phasers. These hoses allow cross head oil flow/pressure and bank balancing. To mitigate this issue, oil balancing lines are installed from the factory on FP350S engines. For us Voodoo, Coyote (Gen 2 verified), and Predator owners, the good thing is, the factory has equipped the heads with 2 pairs of plugged ports on the back of the heads to allow the installation of these oil balancing hoses.

These are very high quality -6AN hoses are made in the USA from PTFE (Teflon) hose with an Aramid Kevlar braid. They are tested to 1,000 PSI, prior to shipping. Burst rating is 9,500 PSI. Very well overbuilt for this application. The hoses are also sleeved for insulation and chaffing resistance. They will withstand sustained heat of 350 degrees F. The male pipe to -6 adapter fitting will also be included.

• Direct install for Voodoo, Predator, and Gen 2 Coyote engine (Gen 1 and 3 to be confirmed)
  • Installation instructions are included
  • TMO Forum Member/Veteran/LEO (First Responder) 10% discount is available - email [email protected] for a custom invoice. Please add your shipping address and phone number in your email.
  • More fitment applications may be available. Send an email to [email protected]
  • Free shipping to the lower 48 states
  • Please email [email protected] for an international shipping quote

View attachment 61452

View attachment 61453

View attachment 61454

View attachment 61455

View attachment 61456

View attachment 61457
6442A07E-E432-4C43-9574-0AC2F9EA3882.jpeg47B5BE84-E545-492C-A7E6-0045446947A9.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors