The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are M-18000-C's better than stock boss struts/shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-shockstrut-0510gt.html

They look the same as what I have, but can't find out if they are better and why. They're different right?

Anyone have these can tell me in what way they are different or better than stock?
Just curious.

When I ordered them I was told they have a wider range and also they are infinitely adjustable through 7 revolutions on the adjustment dial versus 5 discrete settings on the stock dampers. I know on full stiff they are stiffer than the stock ones. I have never tried full soft.

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
When I ordered them I was told they have a wider range and also they are infinitely adjustable through 7 revolutions on the adjustment dial versus 5 discrete settings on the stock dampers. I know on full stiff they are stiffer than the stock ones. I have never tried full soft.

Ok. Thanks Gary. You had to use the gt500 upper mounts right?

DGRacing said:
Ok. Thanks Gary. You had to use the gt500 upper mounts right?
They also work with the MM c/c plates which I already had. The M-18000-C is a 2005-2010 damper so you need the corresponding MM5CC-1 plates or the 2011+ MM5CC-6 plates and use the included spacers for 2005-2010 struts.

They are definitely stiffer than stock. They adjust both compression and rebound where stock Boss and LS dampers only adjust rebound. They are Tomico D Specs made to Multimatic specs for FR. No doubt they were a nice improvement over stock and provide more control on track. The question I have is if they are as good as Koni yellow/sports?

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
They are definitely stiffer than stock. They adjust both compression and rebound where stock Boss and LS dampers only adjust rebound. They are Tomico D Specs made to Multimatic specs for FR. No doubt they were a nice improvement over stock and provide more control on track. The question I have is if they are as good as Koni yellow/sports?

Yeah, I thought the same thing...

Sesshomurai

cloud9 said:
They also work with the MM c/c plates which I already had. The M-18000-C is a 2005-2010 damper so you need the corresponding MM5CC-1 plates or the 2011+ MM5CC-6 plates and use the included spacers for 2005-2010 struts.

I use the steeda race upper mounts. Those should work too right?

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-2011-up-mustang-upper-strut-mounts.html

DGRacing said:
I use the steeda race upper mounts. Those should work too right?

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-2011-up-mustang-upper-strut-mounts.html
Not sure, you should check with Steeda.

You see a lot of comparisons between the Koni Yellow's and Tokico D Specs but not directly with the 18000's. I suspect they are very close and who knows maybe the 18000's are a better match for our cars. I like to think so anyway. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors