The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are Mustangs even going down the line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read elsewhere that new VIN's were issued today so they should be back up next week. I hope anyway...

I looked and I found no new VINs scheduled, including at Galpin and they're the biggest dealer in the nation. So this makes sense if Flat Rock is down next week.

No, I would feel better if my Boss was here. I do feel better that my dealers area rep called me today to tell me 2nd Q! Finally, getting that info was worse than a root canal!!

Jza1736 said:
No, I would feel better if my Boss was here. I do feel better that my dealers area rep called me today to tell me 2nd Q! Finally, getting that info was worse than a root canal!!
Hey you're making progress. I just heard from my dealer and the material hold is still showing. I didn't expect it to be any different. I'll check back in a few weeks.

5 DOT 0 said:
Big Vito said:
I heard there is a shortage of the flakes in the kona blue paint
Getting a little punchy are we? I guarantee your Boss will be in your garage before my Boss is in my garage. Fell better now? ;D
In all seriousness with the delays I would expect Q2 cars to start end of May. I want to be wrong though

5 DOT 0 said:
Jza1736 said:
Hey you're making progress. I just heard from my dealer and the material hold is still showing. I didn't expect it to be any different. I'll check back in a few weeks.

What do you mean by "material hold"? I ordered my Kona Blue Boss with the Recaro package last month. The dealer used his second quarter allocation to order my car and he said the materials to build my car have been allocated, but Ford's quarter did not end until yesterday so there was no change in status. I'm supposed to get more information from him next Thursday. I have been told to expect the car to arrive in May or at worst case scenario June.

BTW, is anyone selling these cars w/o a $5k markup?

12BossKB said:
5 DOT 0 said:
What do you mean by "material hold"? I ordered my Kona Blue Boss with the Recaro package last month. The dealer used his second quarter allocation to order my car and he said the materials to build my car have been allocated, but Ford's quarter did not end until yesterday so there was no change in status. I'm supposed to get more information from him next Thursday. I have been told to expect the car to arrive in May or at worst case scenario June.

Welcome to BMO. The "material hold" is one of the ways of Ford telling you your car is not scheduled yet. Like Big Vito stated not all of the Q1 cars have been built so the Q2 cars probably won't start until sometime in May. There is no Mustang production scheduled for this week so all cars have another delay.

As for ADM I have one at MSRP and there are lots of people that did not pay ADM. Most of us ordered our cars months ago. There are still cars out there for MSRP but they will most likely be Q3 and Q4 cars. Good luck!

5 DOT 0 said:
12BossKB said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Welcome to BMO. The "material hold" is one of the ways of Ford telling you your car is not scheduled yet. Like Big Vito stated not all of the Q1 cars have been built so the Q2 cars probably won't start until sometime in May. There is no Mustang production scheduled for this week so all cars have another delay.

As for ADM I have one at MSRP and there are lots of people that did not pay ADM. Most of us ordered our cars months ago. There are still cars out there for MSRP but they will most likely be Q3 and Q4 cars. Good luck!

The salesman I have ordered my car through agreed to sell the car to me at MSRP, but no other dealership I have called will let their Bosses go for less than $4k over sticker, and I have called at least 20 from Utah to the East Coast to Miami. The smacktard at a dealership in Miami sent this well composed, brilliantly formulated response when I told him I would not pay a dime above MSRP:

Jonathan

I've tried and I belive everyone has tried to sell the boss at MSRP we have it $10 over but I know that the owner will take $5 over there is not to many of the boss 302
out there. let me know what you think. It a one of a kind. With the $5 over it would come to $48,465.

Sincerely,

Apparently he was an English teacher prior to becoming a car salesman. So, the good news is that many of you have purchased Bosses or have ordered Bosses at MSRP. I was wondering if I had found the last dealership on earth willing to part with their Bosses at MSRP, but I guess not. That is great news. Congratulations to those of you with the patience to wait on your orders and avoid the $5k smack.

BTW: What exactly does ADM stand for? Adjusted Market...Above Dealer MSPR? Above Dealer Market? I would like to use a lifeline.

TMO Supporting Vendors