The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are sales starting to slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Does anyone know how far we are in the build #s on 2012s? Scott? Chris? Will they build through Feb/Mar 2012 before switching to MY 2013? The first builds were mid-February 2011. There just aren't that many of these cars out there so I'd be surprised to see them selling at huge discounts given that GT500s are still selling well with 10s of thousands built already.

I don't know. I had heard the 2012 would run longer then 12 months because they came out early but that does not look correct now. The first 12's were suppose to be built in Jan. Mine was originally scheduled to be build Jan 18 or 19th but that got pushed back to Feb 15th.

I would guess (and it is just a guess) 13's will be close to the MY12 schedule.

Just saw a Black Boss on a showroom floor in Tampa with an ADM that has been sitting there for a few months.

3 Boss's in my local area, 1 ea CO/Black & KB/White with a 5K ADM, & a Black LS with a 20K ADM. The CO one has been on the floor since June, had a 15K ADM originally, recently down to 5K ADM. Bought mine from a dealer out of state @ sticker in July. I feel that you will be able to get MSRP , but may still have to travel to get your deal. I'm not yet convinced the 13 models will drive down prices on the 12 models. will have to wait & see.

If someone wants a Boss my local deaker has 4 Boss 302's on the way; 2 red and black, 1 white and black, one orange and black. All at MSRP. All have all options.........PM me for more.

Would just like to say that I have a blazin yellow boss fully loaded with 487 miles that has become a garage queen that I would love to sell it is in excellent condition if any one is looking.
Austin tx
Phil

Oh goodie, now its time to buy another one so I can have a LS or a different color than white, which I love.

LOL, YEAH RIGHT.

Just went in to purchase TracKey and there are TWO Bosses sitting in the showroom at Pines Ford In Pembroke Pines, FL. One RR and one CO. They have $5000 ADM on them, but I bought mine there ate MSRP less dealer fee, so I am sure you can get them for MSRP.

Hi all,

Proud new owner two days ago

Race Red Boss/Black #1930
Recaro/Torsen Helical
Boss car cover
Floor mats
Powered by Ford door sill

There's still 2 or 3 Boss's left at dealerships in the DFW area. Central Ford has a Race Red for $5k ADM. Sam Packs Ford Country in Lewisville will sell their Race Red for MSRP but it has a couple bubbles in the rear trunk lid black sticker. A white one at Grapevine Ford with 940 miles on it. I think there's a Comp Orange around too.

My experience:
Found two Race Red Boss's available in the DFW area. Both with $5k ADM on them. Stopped in to Bankston Ford South FTW at 7 pm. Shot an offer of $1k under MSRP. Signed a deal for $500 under MSRP. Sales Manager gave me the option of paying MSRP and getting Track Key installed free or paying $500 under MSRP and no Track Key. I figure I'll get Track Key later. Picked it up the next day with 6 miles on it. I was never a red car guy but my jaw dropped when I saw a Race Red Boss. I knew I would get one. LOTS of looks and thumbs up on the street so far. Just a joy to drive.

BadBoss1930 said:
Hi all,

Proud new owner two days ago

Race Red Boss/Black #1930
Recaro/Torsen Helical
Boss car cover
Floor mats
Powered by Ford door sill

There's still 2 or 3 Boss's left at dealerships in the DFW area. Central Ford has a Race Red for $5k ADM. Sam Packs Ford Country in Lewisville will sell their Race Red for MSRP but it has a couple bubbles in the rear trunk lid black sticker. A white one at Grapevine Ford with 940 miles on it. I think there's a Comp Orange around too.

My experience:
Found two Race Red Boss's available in the DFW area. Both with $5k ADM on them. Stopped in to Bankston Ford South FTW at 7 pm. Shot an offer of $1k under MSRP. Signed a deal for $500 under MSRP. Sales Manager gave me the option of paying MSRP and getting Track Key installed free or paying $500 under MSRP and no Track Key. I figure I'll get Track Key later. Picked it up the next day with 6 miles on it. I was never a red car guy but my jaw dropped when I saw a Race Red Boss. I knew I would get one. LOTS of looks and thumbs up on the street so far. Just a joy to drive.
Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Be sure to post a few photos of your car. You'll need to use a photo hosting site to post photos.

Also, My dealer has sold 5 Boss's this year so far. Early on they got $5k ADM pretty easy on the Street Boss and they got $15k ADM on the only LS they had. I was told I had gotten the best deal to date from them and I doubt they'll be getting in another before years end.

Here she is

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9849.png

I contemplated waiting on a 2013 but the 69 style C stripe and black roof resonates with me personally. I feel good about my deal, got what I wanted for sure, not looking back, there's not much left here in DFW and I'd have to travel pretty far on a hope to find another. So, I'm not so sure the Boss will drop much. The GT500 on the other hand... There's a crap load of them everywhere.

I specifically told the dealer not to mount the front plate bracket. This ain't my first rodeo.

5 DOT 0 said:
Very nice and I'm happy to see the dealer did not mount the front license plate. On Nov. 18th the 2013 Boss 302's will be revealed at the L.A. Auto Show and prices should drop like a rock on the 2012's.

Actually it will be "On November 15th Ford invites MCA members to a Mustang celebration and private concert event with The Bravery. "

cloud9 said:
Does anyone know how far we are in the build #s on 2012s? Scott? Chris? Will they build through Feb/Mar 2012 before switching to MY 2013? The first builds were mid-February 2011. There just aren't that many of these cars out there so I'd be surprised to see them selling at huge discounts given that GT500s are still selling well with 10s of thousands built already.

Trying to get caught up on the details in this thread.

First - for Florida - from Oct. 14th to Nov. 18th 36 cars allocated to Florida dealers.

2013 production begins sometime in Feb.

LSes almost all built. I have 744 in my database, I expect/hope to see a couple of extras to make up for those wrecked in the train crash last April.

About 500 more Bosses to be built. Currently building ~20 per day.

BLAZN BOSS

I'm surprised they are still building if they don't have orders............If they waited and basically sold what is ordered then the xtras wont count against them for the total "smog" they are contributing to.........Its a number value they watch closely so they dont get flak from the goverment and tree huggers.

BLAZN BOSS

There are many reports on here of cars sitting in dealerships not selling.......by orders i mean customer orders not dealer inventory orders.

BLAZN BOSS said:
There are many reports on here of cars sitting in dealerships not selling.......by orders i mean customer orders not dealer inventory orders.

In the past month there have been 74 retail orders out of 380 orders. It's also entirely possible that there are customers waiting on the stock orders, just as a few retail orders no longer have their original customers for them.

I am some what surprised these are not all gone but part of my throught is they are not cheap so thus the reason they are still around I will say as for mine I could not be happier this is one hell of a car every time I get in it I am flat out happy thought of a few simple mods like boston acustics sr80 speakers all around other then a few simple mods the car is great well worth the money and frustration to get in one:)

BLAZN BOSS said:

ADM is a big turn off. Who wants wants to put money down just to cover the ADM? Dealerships could and have been selling Bosses for MSRP inside of a week or two.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel