The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are sales starting to slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ive noticed my local dealers are all out gone glad I bought mine when i did out of curiosity I checked around and all the dealers are out of them would love to know how many are left and when the 2013 is going to be out.

Hi All

Was at my local Ford store this morning purchasing the TracKey (voucher) from the parts dept. and noticed the same Race Red Boss in the show room that was there 3 months ago. The only thing missing is the $5,000 over the window sticker price. I bet they will take any reasonable offer now.

Perhaps Ford wont sell as many as predicted.

Re: Mustang Boss selling out?

Didn't notice your post. I just posted that sales up here in Canada seem to have slowed. Same car in the dealership for 3 months.

Boss1309 said:
Didn't notice your post. I just posted that sales up here in Canada seem to have slowed. Same car in the dealership for 3 months.

My local stores are sold out and some have had their cars pulled for they were sold other places I do believe they are not far from gone.

Good evening everyone, Useing Ebay as a guide sales are slowing somewhat however remember there are some 4 quarter cars yet to be produced or delivered. I commited to mine on Jan 7th and it rolled down the line on Oct 14th. I suspect another 2 to 3 weeks before it is at my home.

I have four dealers in my area, several of which are very large volume sellers on a national scale. The one I put a deposit on last week was the last allocation for the SW Florida area... period.

IOW, all BOSS 2012 cars near me are sold out. Unless a distant dealership is willing to give one up - for a significant markup/plus shipping - you ain't getting a BOSS in Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades counties... period. I haven't personally checked, but I would imagine it's a similar situation in other surrounding areas like Charlotte and Sarasota counties. I have no info on Broward and Dade (SE FL, Miami, Lauderdale) but if I had to guess, I would say that if you're looking for a 2012 BOSS, you better hurry.

I think it has a lot to do with where you live. In a warm area with larger populations of people with more money to spend, these cars tend not to sit around very long, if at all. I bought mine sight-unseen from overseas the day it came in off the truck.

In less populated areas, lower median income areas or areas where winter is setting in people are less likely to buy a car that costs nearly $50,000 - especially if they can't even fully enjoy it until springtime rolls around.

Something to keep in mind is that we have two months left in 2011, and the vehicle numbers of cars being sold are already in the mid 2000s of a 4,000 car limit.

This same thing happened with Mach1, Bullitt and Shelby GT. Started with ADM and no rebates or discounts from Ford. By the end of the first year dealers were discounting and Ford offered letter plan purchases and rebates. Second year sales slipped drastically.

With the Boss this may not be quite as noticeable since there will be several upgrades with the 2013, new body panels and interior electronic upgrades.

It will be interesting to wait and see. I think ADM will go away just not sure sales will slip enough to warrant Ford getting involved with rebates.

BLAZN BOSS

Can you imagine?............Re-bates?..........I ordered mine and got it for MSRP...........others are paying 5,000 and up..........I will feel "kinda" cheated if Ford offers re-bates...............god just think how these poor guys who paid ADM..........the dealer should give the oil changes or trackey for free!

BLAZN BOSS

In a way I hope they don't..............just will make the 2012's more valuable one day........:)

Hey Boss 1309, I received a call on Friday from Sean at Dixie about ordering Trackey. What did he say to you about it and what does the process involve. What eta did he tell you. At least CP 24 shows the next couple of days looking good in the GTA. So we can get a couple of more Boss days in.

saltshaker said:
Good evening everyone, Useing Ebay as a guide sales are slowing somewhat however remember there are some 4 quarter cars yet to be produced or delivered. I commited to mine on Jan 7th and it rolled down the line on Oct 14th. I suspect another 2 to 3 weeks before it is at my home.
Ah the long wait if almost over. Just in time for you the NorCal Shelby Club picked up Nov. 25th at LS.

I did get a free two year oil changes with my car my local dealer has that one going on. But no more Bosses in this entire area.

GA

BLAZN BOSS said:
Can you imagine?............Re-bates?..........I ordered mine and got it for MSRP...........others are paying 5,000 and up..........I will feel "kinda" cheated if Ford offers re-bates...............god just think how these poor guys who paid ADM..........the dealer should give the oil changes or trackey for free!

Given the upcoming changes to the 2013's and the state of the economy, it is a real possibility that you will at least see plan pricing available on 2012's in Q2 2012. It happened to me with my 2008 Bullitt. Just enjoy your car and don't look back, and ignore the "Did I get a good deal?" schmucks that come on the forum to brag.

Boss Stang

Sean called me an Friday ,I was out and my wife picked up the phone,he wanted the go ahead to order the voucher ,she said yes without even asking me.( I guess she been hearing me talk about it to anyone that will listen.What a good woman )

Anyways went to see him on Sat morning , he figures by mid week if we are lucky than make an app. for the install.

Does anyone know how far we are in the build #s on 2012s? Scott? Chris? Will they build through Feb/Mar 2012 before switching to MY 2013? The first builds were mid-February 2011. There just aren't that many of these cars out there so I'd be surprised to see them selling at huge discounts given that GT500s are still selling well with 10s of thousands built already.

I think these cars are selling pretty much how Ford expected. They aren't flying off the show room floor but to be fair they are an expensive car, not many people are in a position to drop that much money on a muscle car.

Got my LS in St. Thomas and they had a CO Boss and still have it. Dealer here in London still has their PW car sitting in the show room. In Canada these cars at MSRP are 10k more than US prices.

Like every car Ford builds there will be plenty left at years end and rebates and A/X/Z plan pricing will likely be available.

cloud9 said:
Does anyone know how far we are in the build #s on 2012s? Scott? Chris? Will they build through Feb/Mar 2012 before switching to MY 2013? The first builds were mid-February 2011. There just aren't that many of these cars out there so I'd be surprised to see them selling at huge discounts given that GT500s are still selling well with 10s of thousands builts already.

Pretty sure 12 MY will end Jan. 2/13 and the 13 MY will begin a few days later.
GT500's can be had at X plan pricing.

TMO Supporting Vendors