The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are the 2015 GT350's EVER going to ship!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the freakin hold up? Jim Owens made it sound like they would ship last week. Here we are a week later and AFAIK none have shipped. Let's hope it's not a QC problem with the engines.

attachment.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Rick:

The pic you posted above, is this what you have on order? Gosh that color and stripe package combo looks good, real good.

Thanks as I missed what you actually ordered, except that you found one at list. Good luck with your delivery

Dave

It looks like a retail production unit with stickers still on the tire / window and plastic over the Recaros.

Odd that it isn't on a train or trailer. Agree, hope it's not a significant quality issue...

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Sounds like a replay of the wait for the Track Key to be replaced.

Is this a government involved delay? Hope not!!

They did again use the same rod type as the Boss. Makes you wonder.

Lets hope the issue is bureaucratic and not a technical issue.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Nice, selection Rick.

One thing is for sure, if there is some kind of "Stop Sale" or Delay as some here have mentioned, is that Ford Motor Company can only ring the cash register on their GT350 ROI when the units ship and are drafted to the dealer body flooring sources. So rest assured that FoMoCo is doing everything possible to get these units shipped.

I suspect there is no technical glitch holding up the release to ship. They may wait to build inventory a bit for the launch and release the units in mass. Otherwise, you run into a host of customer and dealer problems/issues.

Just a thought,
Dave

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
TMSBOSS said:
Total of 137 units won't be much of a "Mass".

Lets hope they ship soon. I want to see one when home in a few weeks.

True, hope yours ships soon.

Keep the faith,
Dave
2HP

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
TymeSlayer said:
I thought I read somewhere that Ford will not make the GT350R during the winter months. Can anyone confirm this?

I hadn't heard that, but if true it might be because of potential crack risk of the track-oriented Michelins in very low temperatures while the cars would have to sit outside waiting for shipment. RUMOR MILL: ENGAGE!!

TymeSlayer said:
I thought I read somewhere that Ford will not make the GT350R during the winter months. Can anyone confirm this?

there was a communication (that appeared, to me, to be a real dealer communication) that was posted on another forum that suggested that no R's would be build Nov-Feb.

ArizonaBOSS said:
I hadn't heard that, but if true it might be because of potential crack risk of the track-oriented Michelins in very low temperatures while the cars would have to sit outside waiting for shipment. RUMOR MILL: ENGAGE!!
This is the reason. Not sure if this is an issue with other car manufacturers using the same tires like Porsche and Chevy.

DEAREST FRAP: Please start to schedule shipments as early as.... tomorrow?? ;D

Wishful thinking here.... I want my '15 by next weekend please? ;)

drano38

Wayne
Rick, great color choice.

Glad to see all of the anticipation just like with the '12 Boss, and of course red key.
Now we just need an updated Hitler video ;D

VooDooBOSS said:
I wish it was an R but it's a track pack car all red. Similar to this one but no stirpes.

attachment.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel