The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are these worth the price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys, regarding the camber, a buddy of mine with a shelby tells me you can get adjustable camber plates that fit at the top of the strut so you can change it at will, is this correct?

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I've run Vorshlag plates for years... even before Vorshlag was selling them ;)

I ran them for 8 years on my E36 M3. These plates were totally abused on track (curbing, 'tato farming, you name it). Never, ever had an issue. The bearings were still tight when I helped the current owner of the car swap dampers two weekends ago.

I ran the original design of S197 plates on my Boss 302 and am now running the newest version of the plates. There is no comparison, these are the plates to have. With the newest version, super-simple camber adjustment topside, lower stack-height, higher quality bearings than anyone in the business.

I highly recommend them.

Guys i know this is going back a few months but as winter was coming i didnt get excited about placing orders, now my first trackday is in March at Silverstone so want to get all my goodies in place,

is this set of Enkei still the best to go for its just that i thought i saw a post on hear about a different offset that was better or i may have just been imagining things

thanks

ian

drano38 said:
Gary kicks my butt every time we're at the track, so take my recommendations accordingly.
I run square, 275/40/18, and recently 285/35/18 NT-05. And I have Sam Strano front/rear sway bars.
Why square? Lets me rotate tires to all 4 corners for max life.
I'd recommend Enkei 18x9.5 w/ 35mm offset. Here's where I got my second set:
http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=355&Product_Code=ENK-460-895-6535BK&Category_Code
Gary's friend drives an '11 GT with Nitto NT-01, 275 width, square, and those 2 are about equal on track.
Like looks of staggered and a little more rubber on the track? Staggered
Like the ease of rotating all tires to any corner for max use? Square
Both work. Both are fun. Look at pros and cons of both, and you'll make the right decision.

drano38

Wayne
For a square setup, yes, Enkei 18x9.5 35mm offset. This is also correct for fronts w/staggered.
Staggered, there's a fairly new offset available for the rears.
Good luck, and have fun at the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors