The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Are you keeping your boss stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefron50 said:
My mod's are 3/4 exaust plates,sound tube delete,steeda cai with sct tune[guess i wasted $$$ on track key], shifter. That is it for now,only 500 miles on her and want to make sure there is no oil burning before I might loss factory warranty.

I think having a tune might make it a bit difficult to get an engine repaired under warranty.

MustangX3 said:
I'm a fan of stock. The only "mods" I have done is the 5/8 exhaust plates and factory nav system

How'd you get the factory Nav installed? Every person I've seen that tried to do that had a problem with the dual temperature control.

And so do I...lol I have no heat but who cares my car "sleeps" all winter. We need a programming nerd to figure out the code to enable heat, ain't NO WAY im removing the dash to install a DZ heater box.

ufnavy06 said:
I've removed the exhaust discs as of now. I have ordered a few appearance pieces that I can quickly return to stock if necessary (headlights, taillights, floor mats, front and rear side marker blackouts). There might be a full exhaust in my future, but no guarantee. Possibly just axlebacks.

Wait until you start rollin' with the Nor Cal Shelby Club and Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region. They make you do bad things to your car... Kidding aside, you're gonna love your stay in Monterey. Amazing area. Just south of there is some of the most awesome driving scenery in the world.

Back on topic, I said I wouldn't change anything but I'll be modifying the suspension at some point as well as an oil cooler from CoolTech to go with my brake ducts, kitty litter scoop, and CoolTech bar and harnesses. I might put a new stereo panel in with some goodies at some point since that is so easy.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel