The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Arizona Boss is Da Man!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just a shout out to Drew for all the help and advice he has been giving me to get me back on track ( literally). Like so many racing groups , change is constant, and I have had some confusion on certain parameters concerning weight and hp with my Boss 302S. It might have been easier if I was not trying to find a compromise to run both SCCA and NASA, but AZBOSS has been super helpful setting the old man straight. Rules have gotten more and more complex over the years and I have obviously forgotten to read the whole damn thing, along with some confusion with the Tech Guys in our area ( as noted yearly changes are hard for everyone to keep up with , so no fault). The key is AZ has never once said, " Damn , Bill, I am not your AARP advisor , just take your Geritol and read every frigging page for the Class Guidelines!" Instead he has been patient and discreetly hinted I may have failed to use all the benefits afforded the Boss. As of today, I have been able to figure out how to fit into a class for each group ( though I will primarily run NASA ) and I got my help from a guy on TMO , who lives out there in the desert somewhere - instead of the guys near me in Corn Country. How can you not love the benefits of TMO and all the helpful advice members are willing to give?! So thanks Arizona, I just found 2 seconds on the track thanks to your comments, assistance , and critical advice!!!

PS - heh, at least the Soc. Sec. recipient is smart enough to ask someone for help that we all know is blisteringly fast on a road course!

Last edited:

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will run GT2 in SCCA and ST2 in NASA. We have a lot more events around the area with NASA, plus I am an Instructor with them, so that will be my primary focus.

Thanks to AZ , the car will become lighter ----- he is tutoring me on how to read every frigging paragraph instead of listening to a few self appointed experts. I found out those folks purport to know everything when in truth they need more tutoring than even I need, ha!

I caused myself a lot of grief as I was determined to find a balance and it is best to build or modify based on one group's set of rules , compromising on the other's.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel