The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Arizona International Raceway road course plans submitted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There has been "talk" of this track for a very long time in AZ. Do believe these guys cock blocked Apex Motor Clubs build at every point of there start. Yet got handed a lot of "L's" in court time and time again. Glad to see them working on there own build at this point. Happy for Apex, but would love to see this track get built in CG though. Sounds like these guys are willing to open it up to local racing clubs which should be a plus for Nasa and Pro Auto Sports here in Az.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have spoken to the builder in charge of this facility and they are very much going to make this happen. They have a very solid business plan that we discussed in-detail. Legal battles with the newest track in the area (APEX Motor Club) have slowed both of them down. Attessa will be more of a race circuit than APEX is. They intend to focus on manufacturer development space as well. The track will start out fairly bare-bones from a facilities perspective, but have plans to ramp those up as members/investors commit.

I have spoken to the builder in charge of this facility and they are very much going to make this happen. They have a very solid business plan that we discussed in-detail. Legal battles with the newest track in the area (APEX Motor Club) have slowed both of them down. Attessa will be more of a race circuit than APEX is. They intend to focus on manufacturer development space as well. The track will start out fairly bare-bones from a facilities perspective, but have plans to ramp those up as members/investors commit.

Another perk of the track, R&D. This time is seems like some of the OEM's will actually be based/manufactured out here. I've been seeing a good amount of jobs pop up for Nikola Motors

https://nikolamotor.com

And most recently, Lucid Motors factory

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...county-bring-4800-jobs-to-arizona/2588078001/

Hopefully they will attract enough investors to build both tracks lol

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Another perk of the track, R&D. This time is seems like some of the OEM's will actually be based/manufactured out here. I've been seeing a good amount of jobs pop up for Nikola Motors

https://nikolamotor.com

And most recently, Lucid Motors factory

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...county-bring-4800-jobs-to-arizona/2588078001/

Hopefully they will attract enough investors to build both tracks lol
Seems like that would be a good thing for long term viability - or could mean limited access? Whatever the case, if it gets built I'll be happy.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A pool? a pond? A pond is good for me.

Dibs, I call his guest bedroom with the king bed first, so Tyme you will have to sleep out near the pool house -- heh, the beach lounges recline to virtually flat!

Would be a worthwhile trip for this old Raggedy man if you boys put it together.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heck , I forgot your trailer is so clean , you could just sleep in it. I still have dibs on the guest room, but I could stop in Brighton and we could caravan down to the Land of Cactus and Scorpions!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Plenty of talk about tracks and obviously many things slowed down or were cancelled over 2020/2021, so what is the news Arizona International Raceway? It pulls up under Attessa , but little can be gleaned from the site other than they are dreaming big. Looks like there might be part of a track done , but hard to access as there is a info overlay over it.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Plenty of talk about tracks and obviously many things slowed down or were cancelled over 2020/2021, so what is the news Arizona International Raceway? It pulls up under Attessa , but little can be gleaned from the site other than they are dreaming big. Looks like there might be part of a track done , but hard to access as there is a info overlay over it.
@ArizonaBOSS ? Any insider insights?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It's definitely happening. They broke ground a month or two ago. We are hopeful to have events there no later than 2nd half of 2022.
It's a member's only track but the owner/builder is club-race friendly.
I think they have dropped the "Arizona International Raceway" bit; it's purely "Attessa" now.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks AZ, I found the site prior , but did not read the whole damn thing -- shame on me. Appreciate you linking it up and next time I will dig a bit deeper when I find track info.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The downside is that we are likely losing our "local" Phoenix tracks at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park as the tribes move to turn these areas into fairgrounds and mall/concert venue expansions. These tracks aren't amazing but they're only 20 mins from home for me, and have been staples of my driving development and memories. Meaning Arizona Motorsports Park, Attessa, and INDE will be the accessible "local" tracks in the Phoenix area in the future.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wonder if Bondurant is viewing the Attessa track for his comeback since he has been gone from Wild Horse Pass for a couple of years , if I remember correctly. I know the school is now called Radford Driving School , but one would imagine it will shut down also since the area sounds ready for different development.

I feel your pain AZBoss, because the track closest to me ( 45 minutes away ) was under 14 feet of water from the Missouri River flood of 2019. It has never been the same and though open it has not had an SCCA or NASA race since, by my recollection. I will have the 2.5 hour drive to the newly paved MPH ( Motorsports Park Hastings ) or a 3+ hour trek down to Topeka for my local tracks. Considering all the folks who are 4-7 hours to their nearest tracks , not much to complain about.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
"Radford" is alive and well, for now. NASA will be racing on their track this weekend, and we will be using that track as part of our "Mondo" event with ProAutosports over Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what will happen to their facility in the next 2 years or so as everything (including the NHRA dragstrip) is leased from the tribes.

Bondurant...who knows. As far as I understand they are regrouping in California, but I haven't really followed along as it's no longer relevant to my personal interests.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understood, so it does sound like you will have your local track for a couple of years , anyway. Always good to have a track really close as it makes it so easy to evaluate adjustments.

TMO Supporting Vendors