The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ask AJ Hartman - Aero Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ,
has there been any wind tunnel testing for the Fox body Mustang between the GT and LX front bumpers that I could see? This winter I want to add a splitter and I'm curious which, if either front bumper is better. I already have the lower grill opening ducted to the radiator and I'm planning on adding a hood vent this winter as well. I'm curious though if I should change to a GT bumper over the current LX front bumper to help with aero or leave it as it is?
The shape of the bumper cover has the least to do with aero performance when you factor in the splitter and any other aero bits around it. In the case of the GT vs LX bumpers, its practically zero difference.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Concord NC
The shape of the bumper cover has the least to do with aero performance when you factor in the splitter and any other aero bits around it. In the case of the GT vs LX bumpers, its practically zero difference.
I appreciate your feedback. I'll stay with my LX bumper and start from there. Building a splitter is on my winter time projects and this helped me making a decision about what cover to use

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel