The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AST 4150 installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bam! AST 4150 Coilovers and brake ducts (thanks I levitown ford, they sent me the wrong year kit and were extremely apologetic, kind and helpful in fixing their mistake.)

Going to private track day thurs for my buddy's birthday, half day at big willow and half at streets of willow so will have lots of time to test them ;) and hopefully break my lap times

430-A9A366A65E3D-8046-0000043025FFE7AC_zps513ce756.jpg
B62-0B8DA838B26B-8046-000004301ABCF8AF_zpsb27f9a28.jpg
E8E-5A891D93E4E9-8046-00000430214EED57_zps8a640dc4.jpg

What springs rates did you get?

How much caster/camber did you go with?

Ride height? Measured from what point?

Did you get the car corner weighted?

Bump steer kit? Longer ball joints?

Details man.... want are the details?

Boss_302 said:
What springs rates did you get?

How much caster/camber did you go with?

Ride height? Measured from what point?

Did you get the car corner weighted?

Bump steer kit? Longer ball joints?

Details man.... want are the details?

went with "Race" spring rates which are 550F/250R

The car is at the alignment shop as I write this so I will see how they set it up and let you know
It will be corner weighted

no bump steer kit or longer ball joints...only other mods I have are the hotchkis rear suspension trailing arms, and sway bars

Looking good. In for your update after your track day. Have fun!

DD GT3 RD said:
went with "Race" spring rates which are 550F/250R

The car is at the alignment shop as I write this so I will see how they set it up and let you know
It will be corner weighted

no bump steer kit or longer ball joints...only other mods I have are the hotchkis rear suspension trailing arms, and sway bars

How much did your shop charge for corner weighting? The porsche dealer near me quoted me 600-800 dollars. I'll buy the damn $1000 scales and do it myself for that much.

Zquez said:
How much did your shop charge for corner weighting? The porsche dealer near me quoted me 600-800 dollars. I'll buy the damn $1000 scales and do it myself for that much.

I believe 300 for alignment and corner balance. My friend is good friends with them thou. They do the alignment by hand too

Sounds like a great setup. Definetly curious to hear how you like them.

You planning to run the Redline Time Attack at Big Willow in March?

DD GT3 RD said:
Bam! AST 4150 Coilovers and brake ducts (thanks I levitown ford, they sent me the wrong year kit and were extremely apologetic, kind and helpful in fixing their mistake.)

Going to private track day thurs for my buddy's birthday, half day at big willow and half at streets of willow so will have lots of time to test them ;) and hopefully break my lap times

Did you do the ast installation your self?, if so could you please do a write up and how long did it take. I have the same ast set up on order. I would be interested in what you set the ride height at. On the Mustang it is from the center line of the axle to the fender lip vertical. Thanks, Jim

430-A9A366A65E3D-8046-0000043025FFE7AC_zps513ce756.jpg
B62-0B8DA838B26B-8046-000004301ABCF8AF_zpsb27f9a28.jpg
E8E-5A891D93E4E9-8046-00000430214EED57_zps8a640dc4.jpg

Sesshomurai

It says you have to modify the rear shock mount. How is this done? I'm concerned about this in my case because some race rules prohibit that and require unmodified rear mounts.

DGRacing said:
It says you have to modify the rear shock mount. How is this done? I'm concerned about this in my case because some race rules prohibit that and require unmodified rear mounts.

There is an adapter you purchase with the kit for $20.00. Read the complete write up at the vorslage web site. What is cool about the AST rear set up is you can buy the remote adjuster kit and don't have to climb in the trunk any more. Now how sweet is that.

Jim didn't know about the separate rear adjuster available. I have to look into that.
And as Jim said no modifications needed, as I bought the part for 20. I did not install it. My friend did it for me so not much I can tell you about it. He said it was easy and simple.

DGRacing said:

All it is is one of the bushings at the chassis side needs to be trimmed a bit. Hardly anything big that I think rules would prohibit.

TMO Supporting Vendors