The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AST oil funnel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
saw this on car fix tv show. I ordered one and have test fitted it. it will make for a fast and easy mess free oil change. it screws in like the oil cap does giving you a direct huge pipe to fill it back up with oil.
Assenmacher part number 0FMRD08
213q5-Og37L.jpg

Justin said:
saw this on car fix tv show. I ordered one and have test fitted it. it will make for a fast and easy mess free oil change. it screws in like the oil cap does giving you a direct huge pipe to fill it back up with oil.
Assenmacher part number 0FMRD08
213q5-Og37L.jpg

AST's page and description of the funnel

http://asttool.com/detail_page.php?from_search=y&tool_number=OFGMRD08&total=78&offset=9&stype=searchbox&keywords=mustang oil funnel

Here's a vendor Tool Source . com, it's listed at $20.95.

http://www.toolsource.com/gmford-funnel-p-105208.html

DFW, TX
Old thread, but this was exactly what I was looking for.

They also make a angled adapter for the funnel that should make it more upright.

https://asttool.com/detail_page.php?tool_number=OFAAGM

Hopefully this works well with the funnel on the 5.0/5.2 engines. It will be a while before they both arrive for me to try them out.

DFW, TX
ArizonaBOSS said:
Let us know! :)
cbeb9212a20da30a1c829a41d4e7babc.jpg015bd782549f59a5729e784a48960d02.jpg

The elbow is in two pieces. It also uses an o-ring two connect the pieces and allow out to swivel. It wobbles a bit more with all the pieces, but I could always tape the two elbow pieces together at the right clocking.

Do you recommend the funnel to others?

DFW, TX
VoodooBOSS said:
Do you recommend the funnel to others?

It looks well made, o-rings sealing all joints. The elbow is really required for these engines from what I can tell. I assume my Voodoo has basically the same valve covers as the Boss, F-150, etc engines. It also fits some GM engines.

I guess the funnel is polycarbonate and it warns not to use brake-clean on it.

Made in the USA! Cost $44 for both. A bit pricy, but I won't be spill oil down the side of the engine or worrying about quarts of oil falling out of a normal funnel.

Recommended.

Geeze, you guys crack me up, been using the same funnel with a flex able 3" down snout for oh.... I'd say 20 years. Works just fine on everything including my current VW daily. Never spilled a drop. Think it was like a $2.50 at Pep Boys. ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors