The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AST Shocks availability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have it on good authority that IMSA will not be using a spec shock next year for GS. I would imagine there will be a bunch of AST shocks available out there real soon.
just sayin'

I thought you didn't like AST shocks? Did the Mustangs have to use AST? I thought there were other options for the teams?

Spec shocks for the GS cars last year was the AST's I'm not a particular fan of them but they're probably better than what some guys are running, they would at least be a step up from the stock stuff. In any case I'd call Phoenix or Jon at racer's edge, maybe even Roush.

IMO run Penskes, I know they're astronomically expensive but they work. Maybe too much $ for you guys (and me) but I bet that's what everyone will gravitate to. I'd call Phoenix or Racer's Edge and ask them about it, that's more their line than mine. I don't think I'd go out of my way to get the ASTs if you already have decent coil overs that your happy with.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
blacksheep-1 said:
IMO run Penskes, I know they're astronomically expensive but they work. Maybe too much $ for you guys (and me) but I bet that's what everyone will gravitate to. I'd call Phoenix or Racer's Edge and ask them about it, that's more their line than mine. I don't think I'd go out of my way to get the ASTs if you already have decent coil overs that your happy with.

No plans to go for the high-buck dampers anytime soon (unfortunately?). Penskes are defintely at the high-end of the $$$$ range.

TMO Supporting Vendors