The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

At Sebring GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
If you happen to run into my Uncle Mike tell him I said hi (I know there's probably a hundred Mikes there, so not really). He drives Formula Vee normally but he's at Sebring to help out this weekend.

Well that went to hell on a rocket sled..
Tried to do a fuel deal so waited to pit, but Luca's first ever pit stop didn't go well, he blew the box, which plugged up the box for the 59 car, which cascaded into the Porsche clipping a crewman trying to get into his box in front of the 59 car.
BJ used up the brakes, and then some trying to get back to the front, and had to slow, so we ended up about 12 or 13th after the cluster.
If there was any good news it was that the crew recovered without getting any penalties, and we found out how long the fuel hose on the 60 would actually stretch.
Secong competitive race without a good result, but we'll figure it out. Luca is a rocket, and this was his first IMSA race, where he qualified secong 3/100s off the pole, and led up until the stop.
I didn't see the interview but I understand he did a great job, he's a great kid.
So we'll have to get them in California.
PF mustang did win it after a crash fest.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
Best of luck! One of my local track mates, Leigh Pettipas, is engineering for Risi on the Ferraris in GTD Pro this weekend. Leigh is a fantastic resource for our local racers. Best of luck to you in your class!

TMO Supporting Vendors