The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Audio aftermarket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not really a big speaker kind of guy but I do sometimes listen to music. If it was just that I think I could live with the factory radio, but I want Satellite Radio and Bluetooth hands free for my phone. That said, anyone have a setup like that that is working for them?

Ditto... The Boss and I are going on a few long distance trips to Myrtle Beach and Upstate, NY this summer and I need my satellite radio!! I am not interested in temporary set-ups as they look cluttered and I am anal about my car looking cluttered. I need the clean lines of the interior to stay that way

I saw this on another thread. Have not bought or installed it myself but it looks like it'd be the hardware for Sirius. For another $300 I think you can get the iPod controller hardware.

http://radiosandmore.com/rmx/prodDet.aspx?pid=4047456N

A few ideas for personal music use without spending more than a few dollars:
I have been using MP3s on CDs, average about 8 albums per CD.

My phone has a 16GB sd card which holds a huge amount of MP3s and can be played using the line in jack in the console.

There's also a 12v outlet in the console. I have my iPod base plugged into that with the line to the input in there. It works pretty good. I just drive with the console lid open. I have the FM1 Position 1 preset to one of the good rock stations around here, FM2 Position 1 to the other,AM Pos 1 on a good sports talk radio to zone out, and Line is the iPod. Just hit the musical note button on the steering wheel to cycle through the only 4 things I want to listen to until I get Sirius.

STIG302 said:
I've only been tuned to exhaust. :D
The only time I listen to my stereo is cruising on the fwy. Otherwise it's my quad exhaust all the way. I didn't even check to see if the CD player was working until after the first week. I was originally going to upgrade the speakers but it's a very low priority at the moment.

Yeah sometimes Radonich on 680.. I think he's just a wee bit full of himself but I still like him. Heck I've been watching him for years. Usually go iPod or 107.7 or 98.5 in the morning, but once people start actually talking I bump the station. Greg Kihn in the morning is cool until he starts blabbing. I prefer a little Metallica, lately it's been Garage, Inc. In the afternoon during football season I'll listen to the Razor and Mr T. If the Giants are in the playoffs 680 gets

TMO Supporting Vendors