The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Austin Grand Prix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You went to the race? You luck dog. I've been watching the 10+ hours of programming recorded on Speed but haven't got to the race yet although I already know who won. Looks like a fantastic facility.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
it is the best track at this moment in the f1. i plan to go thear next year. the race was the best in this year and the winner is for me the best driver.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
yes it's possible that segio win races next year, but he is young and wild. this is in the moment his problem.

derek jeter? i saw him 2008 in Detroit vs. the Tigers and 2011 in Tampa vs. the Rays. One of the great players!!!

I also attended the USGP in Austin. Awesome facility. Great race, F1 cars are amazing, what impressed me the most was the braking. From over 200 mph down to 60 well AFTER the 100 ft sign. They just stop.

NFSBOSS said:
How was the crowd control and getting in and out of there? I'm going to attend in the next year or two.

I had a main grandstand parking pass that I used Friday and Saturday. I basically drove in and out with minimal delay. But on those days everyone wasn't arriving or leaving at the same time. On Sunday we kind of cheated and went in and out by helicopter.

aa5ib said:
NFSBOSS said:
How was the crowd control and getting in and out of there? I'm going to attend in the next year or two.

I had a main grandstand parking pass that I used Friday and Saturday. I basically drove in and out with minimal delay. But on those days everyone wasn't arriving or leaving at the same time. On Sunday we kind of cheated and went in and out by helicopter.
If I make it to the race from CA next year I'm riding in with you!

I was there last weekend. Amazingly awesome track, and had very few difficulties getting to and from the track, although we were staying in San Antonio. Parking at the expo center and bus rides to the track. Had to walk a LOT to get anywhere, and long lines for just about anything there. Other than at the end of the race when everybody was leaving at once, no issues getting around. Our seats were in turn 6, and it was just awesome to see the F1 cars again (I was at Indy in 2003) and a special treat was the historic F1 cars, they were amazing.

Hermit said:
I was there last weekend. ..... and a special treat was the historic F1 cars, they were amazing.

Here's some. Sorry for the fence in the way, but I'm hobbling around from a motorcycle crash on Oct. 27th so I didn't stray too far from my seat.

F1%20-%20049a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20057a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20051a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20054a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20055a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20060a-M.jpg

F1%20-%20061a-M.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors