The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: Auto-BLiP Install and Instruction Information

VoodooBOSS said:
Nice. You'll want to completely remove the front seat for better access and practice some yoga to limber up a bit too. :eek:

Thanks for the advise Rick. It'll make it easier to get the pedals in as well.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

AutoBLiP installed. Along with the Sullivan Race Pedals, it took a full four hours. Was glad I took Rick's advise to remove the seats but I gotta tell you, I'm too friggin' old to play twister on my back under the dash. Calibration didn't happen correctly until the third try. Didn't change any of the wiring... It just worked... eventually. Only got her out for a quick spin but perhaps tomorrow I test her out. Looking forward to taking it out on High Plains Raceway in May.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Now to find a location for the little BLiP box. I've thought of running it in front of the shifter, lying horizontal which would leave a bit of the cabling exposed or running into the console box if I have enough cable to do so. They do give you a bit of 3M Dual Lock so that no drilling is required to attach the unit.

Steve, we'll start a new thread in the S550 section for installation on the new cars. On my GT350 I plan on mounting it in the pull out tray to the left of the steering wheel. I've already checked and it fits perfectly and the cable can be pulled out the back.

Below is where I mounted mine. I tried a couple of locations before settling on this one. It was completely out of the way with minimal cable showing. Plus lots of people asked what it was. ;D

IMG_2403_zps203b045b.jpg

TymeSlayer said:
AutoBLiP installed. Along with the Sullivan Race Pedals, it took a full four hours. Was glad I took Rick's advise to remove the seats but I gotta tell you, I'm too friggin' old to play twister on my back under the dash. Calibration didn't happen correctly until the third try. Didn't change any of the wiring... It just worked... eventually. Only got her out for a quick spin but perhaps tomorrow I test her out. Looking forward to taking it out on High Plains Raceway in May.

I installed mine last month on my 2016 GTPP and it works but I am having an issue with it going into limp mode if I double clutch it. It only does it as soon as I depress the clutch the second time with the brake depressed. It blips the throttle the first time and on the second time I push in the clutch it instantly throws the service wrench. A restart will clear it. I haven't been able to try it out on track yet so only street testing it when I was trying to set the amount of blip. I was very careful with the connectors and made sure the wires were fully seated in the metal pinch points. I planned on soldering them after it was completely tested. Let me know if yours does the same or if I might have some other issue to resolve. The pull out tray works great to hold it. My car has been on the lift for the last 3 weeks for suspension mods but its almost ready to go on track for full test.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I messed around with the mounting location this morning and decided on this. It was easy to route the wires and keep them out of the way. I had to remove the console and the Metra radio face plate but squeezing the AutoBLiP unit through was a piece of cake. What do you think?

IMG_2892_zpst7r4rpd3.jpg

IMG_2890_zpszr3fnwnt.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Back in Stock and In My Hands.

Should be installed in a few hours!!

Wish me luck.

Talked to Andres on Tuesday and have my device on Friday.

I installed the Boss R/S Brake module yesterday. Good to have the harnesses on when I hit the brake the first time.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
VoodooBOSS said:
When will you get to test it out on track?

Wednesday. Blackhawk Farms track day.

Upgraded the ABS to the CA module.

Should be a good time.

Had a great time on track today. I installed the Auto-Blip and a Boss R/S Anti-lock brake module.

OMG. I lowered my best time by over 2 seconds. I did have to relearn trail braking after a slight spin. The rear bias seems to be a bit heavier with the new module.

OK. Time for confession. I once stated that I would never drive with an Auto-Blip like device. Now.....I don't think I will drive without one.

AUTO-BLiP

Supporting Vendor
Houston
Hello TMO members! :)

As a members of TMO, we will give you a $20 discount when purchasing an AUTO-BLiP directly from our website!
Simply let us in the comment section when placing an order and we will give you the discount when we process your order.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or phone/text 480-788-6748.

Thanks,
Andres
www.AUTO-BLiP.com

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
AUTO-BLiP said:
Hello TMO members! :)

As a members of TMO, we will give you a $20 discount when purchasing an AUTO-BLiP directly from our website!
Simply let us in the comment section when placing an order and we will give you the discount when we process your order.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or phone/text 480-788-6748.

Thanks,
Andres
www.AUTO-BLiP.com

I'm ordering today; my wife is itching to drive the race car but refuses to heel-toe...

Just ordered mine today, hope install is easy. I noticed some owners put it in the rear glove box. Was it easy to slide the wires under the plastic center console, or did you have to do some removing of center console pieces to get the wires under it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors