The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Installed today, calibrated and tested on the street. Looking forward to using at an hpde. I installed in the rear console box. Tmsboss, thanks for letting me know how easy the front console comes out. Just lifts right out - wow. Hardest part was removing the electrical tape after removing the connectors. Wow they taped the wires and also taped the black protector sleeve to the wires too. Did not want to use any scissors for fear my bad eyes and poor lighting I would cut the wires. I wound up using a head lamp because those colored wires were hard to make out. Also it was a real juggling act trying to place the wire clips and clamp them with the pliers. Probably took me twice as long as everyone else and it probably would have gone faster if I removed the seat. I used a garden ground pad under my back and just slid in under the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

drano38

Wayne
You'll enjoy it for HDPE.
Going into corners is so much easier. Focus on braking and shifting. Auto-blip does the rest.

Utah
I thought the AutoBlip TMO reviews were positive so I ordered one and installed it a couple days ago on my 2007 Saleen PJ. As per some posts, it was easier to remove the driver's seat and add some padding to the floor. Instructions were clear for install as well as calibration. The short ride I took after installation seemed to indicate that the "delay time for me was best set at minimum as I mostly use my Saleen for the track.

I did note the the two adjustment knobs for "Duration and Delay" had no detents or clicks and it was too easy to shift the knob setting. I slipped an O ring over each knob and the knob position now has much more resistance to turning. I took the easy route and installed it in the console storage box. The O rings were 6mm ID and 2.5mm thick.

zajac

IMG_2899.JPG

zajac said:
I did note the the two adjustment knobs for "Duration and Delay" had no detents or clicks and it was too easy to shift the knob setting. I slipped an O ring over each knob and the knob position now has much more resistance to turning. I took the easy route and installed it in the console storage box. The O rings were 6mm ID and 2.5mm thick.
Nice tip on the o rings.

FR500S-44

It's the challenge
Put me down on the list of "haves". Broke my foot three time racing motorcycles and I heel/toe 'backward' from most. So Darrell Anderson, AV8 Supercars, suggested I try the Auto Blip. I only got to drive with it one time before the winter from hell hit. It works. However I, you, will have to get used to depressing the clutch pedal all the way down in order to engage the blip throttle response of the unit. I'm used to pushing the clutch in just past the friction point and then matching revs with the speed of the car. Point being that the jury is still out. I'll let ya all know after I've got 10 track days on it. On corners where one is 'busy' I can see that the Auto Blip would be advantageous keeping focus on one less thing. Cliff

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just installed mine on a 2007 Mustang GT. Double checked all connections and followed the calibration instructions. The auto-blip works once after turning car on then it does nothing. Also, if you press the clutch pedal twice without releasing brake pedal a wrench pops up on screen. Forced idle error.

I think there must be an error somewhere in the instructions or a missing step. Once I finish the calibration procedure the blip led blinks constantly. At that point do I press power again or shut down the ignition? Also, the kit came with extra black and white wires, which I did not use and the instruction pdf says to use pins 2 and 5 but has 2,5 and 8 circled.

To anyone who could get it working, am I missing something? Which pins did you use for the throttle? The leds light up correctly when I press the pedals, even the blip blinks when I engage the clutch while pressing the brake pedal but it does not actually blip it (other than right after turning the car on as I said before).

Finally got mine calibrated and was feeling comfortable enough with the car to screw around with it at the track. I don't know why I waited so long to just turn it on and go for it. This little box is magical. Great drivability mod on track, makes one less thing to worry about and let you focus on other things, and you really look like you know what you are doing, nice bonus! ha ha

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Second that - I have had the inadvertent setting change as well. I just ordered some o-rings!
This was my screen saver for quite a while...now I remember where I stole the picture. Thanks. :)

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.46.07 PM.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I remember seeing a thread somewhere about what settings guys were using.
Can't remember if it was here or on FB....?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Did you buy an AB? Start in the middle and adjust from there. Here's my current settings.

View attachment 2029
Yes, remember I excused myself from the give away so that the injured veteran could win?
I was hoping to start a trend and everybody would yield to the veteran, but noooo...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

TMO Supporting Vendors