The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S550/GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all. I'm happy to report that Andres now has 12v versions of the Auto-Blip. He sent me one earlier this week and I installed it today. Works perfectly. For 2017's, you will need to know whether your throttle voltage is 12v or 5v. Give him a call to get assistance with determining which one you have.

Just installed the 12v version also -- Install went fine — works great. However the clutch wire colors on the car harness are different to the 2015-17 Mustang AutoBlip instructions:

IMG_4467.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread, but the pictures aren't up from being hosted on Photobucket?

Anyone have the original pics they can send me?

Getting ready to tackle this and seems pretty straightforward. The instructions on the site aren't very detailed

Thanks Rick, I think I have the install figured out. 2 tap ins for the clutch, 2 for the brake and 2 for the throttle. I have the directions and it looks straightforward after taking a look under the dash.

I removed my driver seat last night in prep for the install.

What are the 2 extra white and black wires for?

Auto Blip is the best mod that I have done to the car so far! I tracked the car at Homestead last weekend and it worked flawlessly! It is definitely worth the small investment for a track driven car.

Is it normal for the clutch light to flash rapidly on start up after installation? Goes away once I push the clutch in. Just wondering if something is wrong

Yes it works fine. Just looks like it has power when the fob is in the car but the aux power has not been turned on yes. I think its just not seeing the clutch As soon as Aux or Start occurs its normal.

TMO, I just recently joined and really enjoying this forum already. I recently upgraded my Boss 302 to a 2017 GT350. Just purchased the auto-blip (verified that my 2017 has a 5V throttle). I definitely plan to remove the front seat for the install. I will be reading this thread in detail and would greatly appreciate any tips you found helpful to make this process as easy as possible.

Just installed mine.... Disconnect battery, seat....and take your time. Everything is straight forward once you are lying on your back.

I would recommend cutting some of the black tape that holds all the wires together so you have more room to maneuver the T clips.

Do you need to disconnect battery? I did not see that in the instructions. Or is that only if you are removing your seat? Keep in mind, I have the Recaro's. I am assuming they don't have anything connected to them as they dont have airbags or electronics in them.

Last edited:
I have electronics on my seat, plus the air bag in the seat, so I had 2 plugs to unplug. I disco'd the batt & removed the seat to do the install.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors