The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto Blip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
For the street, not so much. Each time you depress the clutch the system will blip. On track or driving this is a good thing. While at a stop sign, light or moving across a parking lot not so much. It will blip the throttle when shifting back into gear at a stop, creeping through a parking lot backing up etc. So I don't use it on the street.

BTW Welcome to the site. Do you track your car in the PNW?

Last edited:
I had an Auto Blip on two Mustangs but never used it on the street. Welcome to TMO.

For the street, not so much. Each time you depress the clutch the system will blip. On track or driving this is a good thing. While at a stop sign, light or moving across a parking lot not so much. It will blip the throttle when shifting back into gear at a stop, creeping through a parking lot backing up etc. So I don't use it on the street.

BTW Welcome to the site. Do you track your car in the PNW?

Thank you I have been looking for a really good site for mustang info. I do not track it, it really is my everyday driver that I like to look and have fun... Thanks for the feedback I really would be using for the sound of the downshift and the added benefit of less tranny wear

BTW do you live in Oregon?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sounds like you will need to work on Auto-Foot, learning to heel and toe yourself, so you can get that cool vibe downshifting when you want? Many find that practicing on the street, especially in low populated areas, and at low speed, helps in learning this technique , and once learned it becomes almost automatic?

Welcome to TMO and you will find a wealth of information here, plus lots of fun things to do to your Stang. Heck, you may find yourself becoming intrigued with some of your future mods and deciding to try Autocrossing? Good place to have some safe fun with your car and most bring their daily driver out for this lower speed automotive sport.

Last edited:
I use mine on the street, but I also wear a full Nomex suit, gloves and helmet when headed to Starbucks. "I live my life a 1/4 at a time, everywhere I go, even to get groceries". That's the quote right?

I've used it on the street, but only during spirited back road driving (basically a watered down version of track driving). Just like on track, it works well for that but otherwise I leave it off when driving normally which is 99% of the time on the street.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Don't forget the little o-ring for the knobs. Once, I turned the thing on accidentally and drained the battery after a few days. The little o-ring (108 size) did the trick around each knob.

TMO Supporting Vendors