The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Aug

Auto Club Speedway - August 15-16 (Speed Ventures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
2.5 weeks away. They've been doing pretty good lately, and they do pre-grid by laptime unlike NASA. Not that I get any sort of commission, but grab your slots, this one tends to fill up quick... should San Berno let them do it.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
CobarRed is the kinda guy who signs up in his wife's name, just saying.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
E-mail the other day with their restrictions on people running around, in addition to them hitting our CC's up make it seem like this is a go.
Looking through the registration list, wow, there are a lot of Mustangs, which is going to be a beautiful noise to all our ears.
I see @Chad Richardson in the registration list for Saturday and Sunday :)
I see @67GTA in the registration list for Saturday and Sunday :)
I see @CobarRed in the registration list for Sunday :)
I see @PaddyPrix in the registration list for Saturday and Sunday 💩
I see our good buddy Bob Moore (Hilighter Camaro) in the list for Sunday, should be a blast.

...gahdammit, after being in the 90s this weekend, looks it's back to normal
1596999969053.png

but ending on the positive note, looks like we don't have to work on remembering how to develop a wet line

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
High speed traffic jam just a few away... assuming the registration lists are up to date, 176 for Saturday, 186 for Sunday.

@67GTA my transmission is still at Calimer's shop but thanks for the invite! Hopefully will be back in the car by the end of August.
Have fun and be fast (and safe I guess) everyone who is going!

Today's 1st session lead to me needing to cozy up to Claimer as well, lost 5th on what was a way quicker than it should have been run 3laps into the day. She might actually be quick when she has all of her gears again.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Most fun I've had breaking parts in a long time. Here's hoping they keep running events there especially when it cools down.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Today's 1st session lead to me needing to cozy up to Claimer as well, lost 5th on what was a way quicker than it should have been run 3laps into the day. She might actually be quick when she has all of her gears again.
Tough luck today - car was fast on slicks and you were just barely getting started. How do we get these damn MT-82’s to go out on the last session - not the first!

Taking the MT-BabyPoo out end of this week. Talked to Ben, going to have him build a Stage 2 from it. Hopefully have it back in time for the next ACS in October but not counting my eggs.
Apparently the '11's were particularly bad on the 5th gear synchro design and they changed it. He said his lasted 50 miles, so a dozen or so events pretty lucky I guess.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Apparently the '11's were particularly bad on the 5th gear synchro design and they changed it. He said his lasted 50 miles, so a dozen or so events pretty lucky I guess.
If that's the case, you were well over your borrowed time allotment. 50 miles is what, 20 laps?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Taking the MT-BabyPoo out end of this week. Talked to Ben, going to have him build a Stage 2 from it. Hopefully have it back in time for the next ACS in October but not counting my eggs.
How’s the trans R&R coming along? Just registered for Oct 3&4 today and didn’t see your name on the list yet. Sounds like our days at ACS are numbered, so hopefully you’re making progress.

How’s the trans R&R coming along? Just registered for Oct 3&4 today and didn’t see your name on the list yet. Sounds like our days at ACS are numbered, so hopefully you’re making progress.
It's at Ben Calimer. Considering it's a stage 2, it takes a few weeks. Unsure i'll get it back in time for the event :(
NASCAR ruins everything

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
It's at Ben Calimer. Considering it's a stage 2, it takes a few weeks. Unsure i'll get it back in time for the event :(
NASCAR ruins everything
Just getting my stage 2 back today... sent it at the end of July... not a short process especially considering the 1+ week shipping time each way.
Hope yours is faster, but don't hold your breath.

Just getting my stage 2 back today... sent it at the end of July... not a short process especially considering the 1+ week shipping time each way.
Hope yours is faster, but don't hold your breath.
Yeah, once I saw his habits regarding phone calls, texts or emails I sort of figured the next ACS wouldn't be in the cards. That's usually how it goes with people who are the best at what they do with their hands, they aren't always ticking all the other boxes on the list. They just do that one thing really well.

TMO Supporting Vendors