The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Nov

Auto Club Speedway, November 7/8, Speed Ventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
This will be my first time with Speed Ventures (previously, only Nasa) and I noticed on their website it said no passengers or guests due to Covid...is that correct? That seems unnecessarily strict
Have you reached out to them directly about that question? I'd be curious to see what they say.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
They actually just responded to my email a few minutes ago. They said it's due to county restrictions; so Fontana (Riverside county?) rules, not necessarily Speed Ventures rules.
I figured that was going to be the case. Most organizers are only going to be as strict as the county is requiring them to be.

Bay Area
It’s n
This will be my first time with Speed Ventures (previously, only Nasa) and I noticed on their website it said no passengers or guests due to Covid...is that correct? That seems unnecessarily strict

It is not always the unit that is hosting the event. Sometimes it’s a county or the tracks policy. For example. When I was running with HOD at Sonoma in September. I looked on the website and you can have a passenger if you can show you have had daily contact. A couple days before the event HOD sent out an email listing all track rules and guidelines. I emailed HOD and asked about the conflicting information. The response was, “it was not HOD policy but that was the County policy and the track has to enforce it if we want to continue to run events“.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
So looks like it'll be raining this weekend...
Question for you all. I have never done a track day in the rain before and it makes me a little nervous as ACS has walls and this is my only car. Should I use my normal track set of tires (285/35 Bridgestone S007A with some outside shoulder wear) or should I use my street set (front: 255 Indy 500s rear: 275 PS4S) for better rain traction?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have a set of Nitto 555's 285/305 35s on 19X10" rims that I use in the wet. They double as the tires my car sits on during the long winters in my garage. They work fine in the wet, way better than my normal track day tires especially if it's really wet. Rain tires don't need a lot of tread unless you're in a monsoon. When I raced we ran the same tires in wet as for dry but they were shaved to 4/32", not 2/32". They worked very well in the wet, in fact I once won a race on them where I lapped the entire field!
I used to love the wet, not so much anymore.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel