The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto Cross and the LS type spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'll do my first auto-cross in June in Steamboat at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup and was wonder if anyone has auto-crossed with the big LS spoiler up front? My car is lowered with a stiffened suspension and has a similar spoiler (Aggressor Airflow) that sits pretty low to the ground and was curious if I should consider removing it for the tight turns? Any feedback would be appreciated.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If you have no issues with spoiler scrapping now, I would not worry about it.

I quick turn at speed in a walmart parking lot after hours should show you any problems.

Autocross are not high speed events, generally speaking. A whole lot of fun though.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
A small concern would be the action of the cone as it gets run over, the base is going to be prying up on the under side of the splitter ?
I'm not saying you're gonna mow down any cones, but if you did...

One guy in our club with a CF splitter at the front had some cracking after several events...
Althought I think the front splitter is much thicker on the LS than what he had?

Good luck,
Don

TMO Supporting Vendors