The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto Meter "Air Drive Gauges"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking at this wireless gauge set up from Autometer since the 2012 cars don't have the dash display like the 2013's or adding the ugly LS dash pod and all the work associated to installing one and But the cost of these is crazy.

http://www.autometer.com/gauges/airdrive.html

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Re: Auto Meter "Air Drive Gauges"

Grant 302 said:
I didn't realize the LS gauge pod was ugly. ::)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......[emoji12]
Besides were are you going to put the gauges??

I was going the cheap route and sticking a 10" tablet with a bluetooth obd to see the vitals....Getting geezer eye sight.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
k98dave said:
It is as far as I'm concerned, :eek: like it was just stuck on top of the center of the dash.

Ford could have made a neat A pillar pod that would have looked much better and be more in drivers line of sight.

That would've worked great in the Track Attack cars. ::)

Funny, I would be happy with most locations but not the A-pillar.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
It looks like the plug and play gauges rely on OBDII for inputs.

Not sure I see this as an improvement to dedicated sensors. Oil temp before or after a cooler provides us with critical data the plug and play unit will not.

Not sold on the idea of gauges In our line of sight.

Programmable warning lights within the gauges is a good idea. I have this with my auto meter system. A gauge which glows red warning of an issue outside the line of sight is affective

Fairly expensive for gauges without sensors.

Thanks for posting the link!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Back in the day we would mount gauges so the needles would point straight up, then a quick glance would tell if something was up as the needle position would change.

I too like the new programmable full sweep gauges that have a red LED indicator.

Great idea for the Air Gauges, but ugly Gauge faces, IMO.

But I do like the 2012 LS Gauge Pack in my Boss 302.

20160207_150335_zpsumd0qtgw.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors