The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto Show '13 BOSS, not quite right...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There was a SBY BOSS 302 LS at the Toronto Auto Show last week. The car has some strange parts on it. Take a look at this YouTube video and you will see the errors. No LS splitter and wrong rear gas cap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBSgGH-KoY

Don't sweat it too much it's a pre-production car. ;)

MLM

Mike
5 DOT 0 said:
MLM said:
Splitter is customer installed.
Both LS's I saw at auto shows last year had the LS splitter installed. Again it's a pre-production car so I wouldn't worry about it.

Who said anything about being worried?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
CaliMR said:
Is there another solution implemented or do the LS just not have oil pressure/temp gauges like the regular Boss?
Yes there's the new gauge package that has a 4" LCD screen in all of the 2013 Mustangs. I think they should have left the gauge pod in the LS cars but they didn't ask me. ;D

+1

PeteInCT said:
5 DOT 0 said:
CaliMR said:
Is there another solution implemented or do the LS just not have oil pressure/temp gauges like the regular Boss?
Yes there's the new gauge package that has a 4" LCD screen in all of the 2013 Mustangs. I think they should have left the gauge pod in the LS cars but they didn't ask me. ;D

+1
+1

Yeah, its funny, the lack of the gauge pod is actually what "allowed" myself to justify just getting a regular boss. There's still plenty special about the LS, but those gauges were meaningful to me as a key differentiator. That's probably just me however.

GA
I think the LCD screen has all of the functions+ that the gauge pod had, so it was probably a big cost savings for Ford. I have been thinking about installing that performance computer gauge in a Roush vent pod in my GT. It probably doesn't add much value but it looks cool. :D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
askjeffro said:
Yeah, its funny, the lack of the gauge pod is actually what "allowed" myself to justify just getting a regular boss. There's still plenty special about the LS, but those gauges were meaningful to me as a key differentiator. That's probably just me however.

Are you saying you DIDN'T want the gauges? Im not a fan of multi-function LCD readouts on a performance car but I'd take that over no gauge at all.

PeteInCT said:
askjeffro said:

Are you saying you DIDN'T want the gauges? Im not a fan of multi-function LCD readouts on a performance car but I'd take that over no gauge at all.

Trying to say the opposite. I value the gauges, and with Ford getting rid of them on the '13 it made getting a LS less important to me.

Sesshomurai

The gauge data on the '13's is now available in the mini console window between the two main gauges. i.e. its all digital. so they're still there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel