The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AutoBlip question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just installed an AutoBlip in my 2013 Boss. I was able to clearly see every wire and it went pretty smoothly. From what I can tell the calibration was perfect. When I turned the car on and the unit, the status light was solid red. When I push the brake or clutch the corresponding light turns red.

I went for my first drive today. I noticed that the blip only happened under heavy braking. If I downshift under light/moderate braking there is no blip. There is no blip if I downshift without touching the brake. Is that normal? When I was sitting at a light stopped with the brake depressed and I moved the shifter I get a slight blip. Strange. Was I not depressing the clutch far enough?

I'm not sure what I should have expected but a 370Z that I drove a few years ago blipped flawlessly every time I downshifted no matter the speed or brake pressure so this doesn't seem right.

I emailed Andres but maybe someone can shed some light.

US
It only works if you hit brake, then , while holding brake, hit clutch. If You clutch, then brake, no blip. You turn the duration up to get a higher blip.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OK, that may be my issue. I may have been going to slowly and hit clutch at the same time as the brake together. I may need to just wait until I hit the track next week.

US
Don't quote me on this but is seems like the blip is a percentage of the current rpm. Like a 15% rpm blip. So at 2000 rpm you only get a 300 rpm blip. At 7000 rpm you get a 1100 rpm blip. Don't notice it much around town. Much better at high rpm on track.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That's basically correct. If it was hooked up incorrectly it would not blip at all. Regardless it should still blip if you have the brake engaged (first) and depress the clutch.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
If you have an after market clutch which engages, disengages higher than stock, this also can cause an issue.
I have the RST clutch and find that I have to push the pedal much further than required to shift if I want to activate the AutoBlip

Just installed the Exedy Hyper Single so between the slow speeds and new clutch I guess it's not the best situation for testing the AutoBlip.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel