The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Autocross Data Acquisition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dawsonville, GA
My current set up doesn't quite provide me with what I need...

I am using Torque Pro on my Android tablet giving me real time data on various parameters of the car (temps, RPMs, Voltage, etc)
I use my Iphone 11 for video with Track Addict
Dual GPS unit
Kiwi 3 OBD bluetooth interface

The problem is, I cant connect Torque Pro and Track Addict to the OBD, therefore not allowing me to get a full video with all the necessary information (throttle input, braking, G's, etc)

Are there any other suggestions? I like having the tablet, but starting to think my limitation is with the iphone only being able to bluetooth onto one device (Torque Pro)

Here is a video that shows the set up:

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dawsonville, GA
hmmmmm Solostorm doesn't seem to come up in the app store on my iphone? Is there any IOS version?
Which GoPro is recommended?

Seems like even with this set up I wouldn't have the ability to see real time parameters.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I use RaceChrono Pro. It will give you everything you need in one. My car doesn't have OBD2 but you could use your Kiwi to get all your ecu information. I'm also using a Garmin Glo for more accuracy than my phone. You can also run multiple cameras.

Solostorm is Andoird only, but will run easily on a cheap tablet. Adding a RaceCapture MK2 gives you a better GPS than the Qstarz thing and also ports some of the ODB channels into SS (steering angle, throttle, brake pressure)

I have been using autocross data since before the DL1 days (Gcube, Geez) and Solostorm is amazingly useful. It is a little harder to get super deep geek level data like with a DL1, but it is crazy easy to compare a pair of runs within seconds and see exactly what you want to change/try/etc.

DaveW

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel