The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Autocross setup (B, D and F street guys help me out)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
to the setup one of the fast GT350 guys is running also. I've found the car is relatively balanced and I have a long way to go to get competitive times but that'

Have any pics or information on your head rest mount? I find the window mount is good for the camera but it does block an area of sight and I don't see my hands (I really need that reminder to clean up my hands).

I didn't run the SCCA this year, but may try more next season. And then possibly nationals.

Watched yours, then this came up. Woah.

Have any pics or information on your head rest mount? I find the window mount is good for the camera but it does block an area of sight and I don't see my hands (I really need that reminder to clean up my hands).

I didn't run the SCCA this year, but may try more next season. And then possibly nationals.

Watched yours, then this came up. Woah.

Here's a post I made on Mustang6G about the setup. I hope it's okay to crosslink here.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Here's a post I made on Mustang6G about the setup. I hope it's okay to crosslink here.

Cool. You addressed exactly what I am dealing with. The ones that bolt to the head rest bars are too low and too far back. Def need to rig something up and forward. I am using my phone as it puts the data overlay on instantly. Still need to sort the GoPro exterior mount, it isn't working as expected (GoPro case doesn't close on the camera).

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Funksoul, just curious as to what you or others feel is wrong or a concern on your hand placement? Now, something like keeping your hands on the gearshift is a concern , but just curious as personally I think your main focus on placement of the camera should be on the course. Often cool to see the inside of the car, but on a road or autocross course my feeling is that the vision the camera has to see is if you are looking ahead to help with exact placing of your turn in spots, etc. with the vehicle.

I do feel hand placement is critical on the track as many sit too far from the wheel or can't keep their hands on said, but if you are working to improve your lines, etc. in my opinion the main focus should be on car placement and the vision you have when driving -- for comparison analysis.

Now if you have numerous cameras , toss my old man advice out the window, ha.

TMO Supporting Vendors