The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

autocrossing the boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been autocrossing the boss this last year and find it difficult to compete with last Gen z06s and the s2000 crs. I noticed that all the bosses at nationals are in ESP, is there a good reason for this or is the problem really just the driver? I'm aware that a large part of it is me, but I had some pretty good runs today and was nearly 3 seconds off the pace. I was faster than many of the Mustangs in FS (outside of one of our national Champs in a 2012 GT1 with the track pack and a serious setup) .In your opinion, should I start adding go fast parts this winter or stay AS? Thanks for your comments

The S2000 would be hard to catch, being so light. And the Z06 can take better advantage of any straight areas. Seems odd to have you in their class. They are very different cars. I would see what tires you can take advantage of. The rules should state what treadwear you can go down to for stock class. My stock tires did not last long at all and my SC2s are waaay better. I would check out what Sam Strano recommends of you decide to move into ESP. But then you are playing with highly modified cars on slicks...

TMO Supporting Vendors