The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Automobile Magazine Reviews 2013 Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some of the upgrades in the base cars also apply to the Boss and there is a brief mention of Boss specifics:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1203_2013_ford_mustang/index.html

Unless the Boss is different the new LCD display and readouts won't display Coolant or CHT and oil pressure. In other words no additional sensors were installed.

"Premium trim levels of the 2013 Mustang feature a new 4.2-inch LCD screen in the instrument cluster, which can display everything from warning messages to fuel economy, as well as a special Gauge Mode that allows drivers to monitor engine parameters. While some fields, like voltage or intake air temperature, are displayed in numerals that change frequently, oil temperature and pressure were shown only as "Normal" on our test car. Another function of the LCD screen calls up Track Apps, which comprise a visual accelerometer, braking timing, and acceleration timer. The latter can even display on-screen "Christmas tree" lights to emulate the timed starts at a drag strip."

That "NORMAL" for oil pressure and temperature is a little disappointing. I don't know about pressure, but I was thinking of drilling out and tapping an extra drain plug for a thermocouple to get temperature.

CRAP.

I really thought it was going to include an actual measurement on temperature. I was hoping for pressure too, but I thought Temp would at least be there.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
askjeffro said:
CRAP.

I really thought it was going to include an actual measurement on temperature. I was hoping for pressure too, but I thought Temp would at least be there.
that is lame. whats a/f display an actual number I hope

TMO Supporting Vendors