The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Autox tire thread selection

Which tires.

• Khumo Ecsta V730

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Hankook R-S4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking for tires and of course nothing is available due to supply chain issues. Currently looking at 305/30-19 and a 200TW to fit my 19x11 Apex wheels and to fit within my CAM-C class with the SCCA. Falken RT-660's were my lead choice, but unavailable currently. Input on best option from these 3 choices? Kumho's seem to have scored the best on Tire Rack so leaning that way.

How desperate are you to get them and how competitive you want to be ? I'd personally wait for Falkens to come back in stock (especially that for me - South Bend warehouse as default - Tire Rack shows them (305/30R19) back on 8/19 - they'll send you them from a different warehouse than your local one if you call - for free).
Local friend (FP national champion in the past, very proficient driver) run Kumhos on 1/LE and is not impressed.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Falkens would be my first choice too, but the Kumho 730s seem to be making some inroads with some folks of late. There have been some folks show up in Lincoln with them and the consensus is they don't have as quick of turn in as the Falkens but they are similar time wise and grip level.

Honestly I have not seen anyone on SC3s at an autocross , though they have a solid rep on road courses.

I love the Falkens, especially after the departure of the old RE71r. I currently have two sets rn, 315s on 18x11s for tour events and 285s on 18x10s for local events/summer daily tires. That being said, with the dramatic price increase in the Falkens over the last two years I might go a different route next season

I have some experience running the new v730 on an E street NA Miata and I did like the them a lot. They remind me of the Rival 1.5S with their lateral grip and resistance to overheating at summer events with 2 drivers. What is different from the Rival is the super stiff carcass on the v730, they have great turn in. I’ve heard the khumhos suck in the wet but no first hand experience there

wish they would make wider 18inch offering

Hoping next year there is more variety and availability in the 200tw realm

let us know how you like the Khumhos on the stang!

-J

I love the Falkens, especially after the departure of the old RE71r. I currently have two sets rn, 315s on 18x11s for tour events and 285s on 18x10s for local events/summer daily tires. That being said, with the dramatic price increase in the Falkens over the last two years I might go a different route next season

I have some experience running the new v730 on an E street NA Miata and I did like the them a lot. They remind me of the Rival 1.5S with their lateral grip and resistance to overheating at summer events with 2 drivers. What is different from the Rival is the super stiff carcass on the v730, they have great turn in. I’ve heard the khumhos suck in the wet but no first hand experience there

wish they would make wider 18inch offering

Hoping next year there is more variety and availability in the 200tw realm

let us know how you like the Khumhos on the stang!

-J
Will do. I've heard that they like low pressures given the stiff carcass, like 28psi hot levels of low.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Drj2k1 is quite correct about the 730s in the rain ..................that suck there, but then so do many of the 200 TWR tires. Let us all know what you think when you get to punish the asphalt soon, and don't kill too many little orange fellas!

TMO Supporting Vendors