The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AV8SS Spec Mustang Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know David Ray, the guys from Cortex, and some NorCal Shelby members have been working on this for a while. Looks like it should come to fruition in 2013. Are any members going to run this series?

http://www.v8supercarswest.com/Contact_Us.html

I would love to do this. Too bad I'm overseas, oh and not rich. ;D

I almost bought a 97 Cobra this past weekend to make a track car out of. Glad I didnt but now this makes me want to buy a '05+ GT so I can start building it for this. God knows how long it would take me to build one. lol.

I think $40k is right on it. I've been looking / pricing / talking to folks about this and that's where I've concluded it'd come in...assuming you do it right and don't have access to cheap labor.

TMO Supporting Vendors