The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AWD GT500 Ecoboost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw this add this morning. Can you GT350 confirm the front spline hubs.
or is this TV hoopla?

http://powernationtv.com/post/awd-v6-gt500-isis-plumbing-truck-fake-supercharger-gearhead-holidays-600hp-wooden-supercar-top-5-fast-fails

There's been a bunch of hoopla around this but don't hold your breath on an AWD GT500. If any car was going to get an AWD it was the FGT. It's already been confirmed they have splined hubs. Here's a photo I took last August.

IMG_6158_zpsj7ha2eea.jpg

And here's me now.
qanda_yawn.jpg

ITLRUN said:
This whole deal makes me chuckle. I'm the guy that shared the info with StangTV. It does make you wonder what's really going on.

Yea, its tough to figure out what the brains at Ford or any other manfaucture are thinking for there next slam dunk into the auto industry. Power Nation liked it as well. i'm sure they compensated you well...Lol
Best I can do is give you a THUMBS UP.

Well that will piss off a lot of the purists. But not as much as the competition!

That makes me wonder if they are going to come out with a performance ecoboost version of each vehicle. I would be interested in an ST Fusion. That would be a hot family car for those who don't want the Taurus SHO. The Focus RS will be a hoot but the slightly roomier Fusion would appeal to fathers bored with their dd like me lol.

WinterSucks said:
I might be way off but if the hubs are the same on the rear then that might be the answer. re-using already designed parts saves money if the cost delta is already small.

The front hubs don't cross over to anything else in the Ford catalog at the moment.

superhero said:
Yea, its tough to figure out what the brains at Ford or any other manfaucture are thinking for there next slam dunk into the auto industry. Power Nation liked it as well. i'm sure they compensated you well...Lol
Best I can do is give you a THUMBS UP.

I can assure you I wasn't compensated at all! LOL

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel