The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Awesome Instructional DE Video (what not to do)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The instructor should have pulled his wrist band after that brilliant example of bad driving. That wasn't a HOD event that's for sure. ::)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
$50.00 Helmets.

He left a paddle shifted Corvette in drive??

Autoclub Speedway needs to review who they rent to. When the next joker dies, they will be listed as one of the parties to be sued.

Amazing.

Glad I have been fortunate enough to attend well run and safe events!!!!

Anyone know who organized the "Event"??

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
My favorite part- the driver TAKING OFF HIS GLASSES" and handing them to the "coach". Are we sure this wasn't a special needs passengers ride along session?

Some of the comments on the YT page for this are Hysterical-

"...this instructor is amazing. no need to speak, just uses Jedi hand signals to communicate."

"…The instructor's spells were the only things keeping this man pointed in the somewhat right direction"

"...It's like watching a track day version of Dumb and Dumber."

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Guys. we may be a little over judgmental and under sensitive here.

F.D.Sako Is this part of your crew??? LOL ;D

Sorry....Had to go there!!

I have seen you on track and I Know this is not your style!!! 2:13 on street tires at VIR is a righteous time.

I am wondering if these guys broke into the track with cars and cameras and just went at it. I could not see a corner worker anywhere.

Wingrider

TMSBOSS said:
Guys. we may be a little over judgmental and under sensitive here.

:) I gave thought to my comments and never post a single thing I wouldn't say in person. I would have pulled the driver off after he refused to take my instruction, or showed the first sign of being unsafe.

I had a new student who was convinced the fastest way around Laguna was drift style. I gave him a serious chat and warned the next instructor as I bailed on him. Next session (right in front of me with a new student) I watched him go off track with a different instructor in the corkscrew trying to do the same thing again. He was done for the day after that.

Wrong is wrong and unsafe for anyone around them. My focus was more on the bad work by the "coach".

Wingrider

WinterSucks said:
I would say that is a fair guess, lol. Some comments might seem harsh, but c'mon, this isn't a knitting class. This is 1-2ton metal coffins traveling 100+mph.
I hear ya. if a student is even a little questionable that can't be sorted out right away, I'm out of the car and telling the folks running the event. A non listening/unsafe student isn't worth putting me at risk so see yaaaa.

Thats a great advertisement video. Im sure that will lure in all the rejects and boost buiness. As stated above....thats a 125mph coffin carring 2 bodies.
Just a matter of time.

I like to live by the rule...Lets remove all the warning lables on everything and let nature sort things out.

TMSBOSS said:
F.D.Sako Is this part of your crew??? LOL ;D

Haha Tracy, I would not want to be associated with anyone that drives like that!

The youtube jedi comment had me going for a good moment tho ;D

Around 12min in, the driver's facial expressions are priceless... along with his arm and upper body movements :eek:
I think he's been playing video games for too long. That vette has some good traction nannies, because they kept saving him at every turn.

I was really surprised they weren't black flagged in, then again not even sure they had flaggers.

TMO Supporting Vendors