The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AWESOME!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep and make us all jealous. I really want a ST.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
If you REALLY want one, I got a line on a RIDICULOUSLY low mileage blue 2013 ST2 coming up for sale once he orders his M4.
Guy is REALLY OCD about his cars. I would've jumped on it but my Boss didn't sell. (trading it in)

Have the best of both worlds. '12 PW Boss as the toy and '14 IS ST3 as a daily driver. Did Track Attack, now booked for Octane Academy. In all reality the ST is more fun to drive, but taking the Boss out on weekends is fun too.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
NFSBOSS said:
I bought a new to me car just over a year ago so I'm good. Now if my 12 year old son would turn 16 a little quicker I might be interested. ;)
This is my plan - the boy gets his permit in April. I'll look for something sitting on the lot at the end of the year.

Dig-It said:
This is my plan - the boy gets his permit in April. I'll look for something sitting on the lot at the end of the year.

my son gets his license in April. He'll be driving the family tank for getting around. ;-)
But he'll certainly get some reps in the boss too. He did a one-day driving school at skippy a couple weeks ago (little bugger's already pretty clean / quick) and commented afterwards that those little mazda 3's are pretty fun to drive. I do want a 'hot hatch' in the family but am still holding my breath for an 'rs'...I have flogged a focus ST around a little and have to agree that it's a darn fun little car...can you say lift-off oversteer...

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
I'd really like one of these, even if there is no AWD/RWD option. When I 'build' one on Ford's site I already imagine it with a hard pipe kit, big turbo-back exhaust and tuned for more boost. No idea what the turbo capacity or intercooler efficiency are like.

But I've convinced myself that, if I keep the Boss, my next car will be one that will be comfortable for long trips (necessity only… …the Boss has never seen one) and it will be automatic and something I'm completely cool with the wife and kids using (necessity only… ... ::) ). A used (or new) SHO looks like a practical option. ;D Intake/downpipe/exhaust, alky kit, Livernois tune. :eek:

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I certainly enjoy my ST. Very comfortable on long trips and with the valet mode let the kids or wife borry (borrow for those outside the midwest) the car.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
mcmmotorsports said:
Please, have at it. Don't be shy. :-*

Michael,

I am sure your days as the Resident Mental Patient are nearly over but a I just don't get the trade off. I keep having to reset the flicker that keeps flashing in my cranial lobes. What am I missing here my friend?

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
TymeSlayer said:
Michael,

I am sure your days as the Resident Mental Patient are nearly over but a I just don't get the trade off. I keep having to reset the flicker that keeps flashing in my cranial lobes. What am I missing here my friend?

My spidey sense is tingling at the fact that I don't think you caught the "whole" story.

Here it goes,

I was racing a BMW 325i up until last June when I decided to take a hiatus from racing. I wasn't having fun and I needed to take a step back.
Knowing that I can't stay away from the track, I decided to get a car that I could take to the track to get the bugs out of my system but also enjoy on my weekends with cruises around town and such.
I sold my race car, sold my car trailer, sold my ZX14 and traded in my 2009 JCW Mini to buy the Boss 302.
I attended a few track events with the Boss and enjoyed it very much...however, the competition itch was not getting satisfied and I was also beginning to fear destroying this car on track as I approached its limits. I thought I would be able to just tool around the track and drive at 6-7/10's. That was not the case. With my helmet on, I found I still wanted to go balls to the wall and that was not healthy with a $40,000 street car.
Then, the sanctioning body I race with made two very incredible announcements.
#1: They were running at Daytona, a track that has eluded me for years...(whole other story)
#2: They were changing the National Championship format to consist of an East Coast and West Coast Championship. Also, they consolidated it into a 3-4 day event versus the week long event it had been AND is going to be at Road Atlanta, a track I have a lot of experience at.

These two tidbits of info got the wheels in my head spinning. Then, a close friend who was in the process of buying a house and starting a new job needed to sell his race car for a fire sale price.

Pieces were beginning to fall into place and I decided to end my hiatus after only 5 months and return to racing.

Now, with that said, I had this BEAUTIFUL Boss 302 that would now sit in the garage and see very little use. I didn't buy the car as a garage queen and I didn't want to have this investment go to waste. I can not drive the car every day because I travel for work. I also couldn't justify the tax bill and insurance for a car that sees little use.

So I decided to let it go.

Someone else will enjoy this car, as did I...it was just no longer practical to own it or else I would still have it.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Ah, I see. Having read the cover and the back of the book precluded me from getting it but your pages have now left me better informed. I will sleep better at night now and retract my desire to have you re-enlist at the coo-coo's nest.

Enjoy the ST bud.

TMO Supporting Vendors