The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Axle Bearing Failure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
Chuck
What side is your vent plug in on the axle tube? I am is a topic on AFM about GT vents on drivers or passenger side. Thought they all were on drivers but there are quite a few on the passenger side. No clear pattern as there are both 2011 and 2012 cars with either. Seems strange.
Steve

The Bosses have the vent in the center, at the top of the finned cover.

ChuckP said:
Tob said:
Chuck, if you get the opportunity, can you take a couple of clear shots of the service axle assembly tag that wraps around the passenger side axle tube? I've been keeping track of Ford's axle codes/numbers and I'm interested to see how the service unit was marked.

TIA,

Tob

Here you go! Climbed under the car with my cellphone and snapped this:
NewAxle.png

Hmm, I wonder if the B2 is a Job 2 marking. My Job 1 diff has tags "S219-B", both on the tube, and on the tag on the diff cover.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel