The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Axle Mass Dampers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm installing the MM LCA relocation brackets this weekend and the instructions say to trim the tab on the back by 1/4". Has anyone just removed them completely? As far as I know, they are only on the car to reduce NVH but do they serve any sort of purpose for performance?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Mine are removed on my GT. Can't tell any difference, but my car is fairly loud. ;)

The anti-moan brackets don't really seem to help much anyway, IMO. On my last set of rear rotors, the noise got progressively worse through the life of the rotor. I don't expect that to be different with this next set.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Also removed the weights. No difference that I can tell this far. I also had a slightly bent axle since the day I got the car (finally figured it out and had it fixed). Car is perfectly smooth with the axle weights removed.

Thanks for all the input guys! Got the front end taken care of last weekend and will battle with the rear this weekend. Will be leaving the axle dampers off.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel