The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

B14C1-64 magnaride error with mcs simulators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welp, i’m in need of dire help with my car. I keep getting a magnaride damper overtemp code and cannot figure out whats causing it. I have tried 2 different simulators from cortex and ohlins. there is no rhyme or reason to this, i have no clue what is causing this error especially with no magnaride. No one really wants to help and i need ya’lls advice on what to do since im out of ideas.

im having a ford tech come with the ford scan tool to isolate what corner this is happening on while live streaming the sensors. But after that its either wiring or s module.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

4DDA0E5E-5EA6-46FD-AB5E-452FF4101DEB.jpeg

In the V6L
I've looked at the DTC chart in the Service Manual, and while my manual is for a 2015 to 2018 car, the code is there and the testing process basically boils down to finding a damper with a defective coil or a wiring defect - solenoid wire shorted to ground, shorted to +12 or open. Since you're running simulators, and you've tried different ones, the problem is most likely a real wiring problem or a VDM defect. When the Ford tech gets there, have him run the VDM self-check. If it's a wiring problem, there's a block of codes that will tell you which corner it is and what problem it is. It looks like this:

1622649955377.png

The second letter "C" in the "C110C" string indicates Left Front. Letters D - E - F in that location ("C110D") indicate Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear in that order.

I've looked at the DTC chart in the Service Manual, and while my manual is for a 2015 to 2018 car, the code is there and the testing process basically boils down to finding a damper with a defective coil or a wiring defect - solenoid wire shorted to ground, shorted to +12 or open. Since you're running simulators, and you've tried different ones, the problem is most likely a real wiring problem or a VDM defect. When the Ford tech gets there, have him run the VDM self-check. If it's a wiring problem, there's a block of codes that will tell you which corner it is and what problem it is. It looks like this:

View attachment 65614

The second letter "C" in the "C110C" string indicates Left Front. Letters D - E - F in that location ("C110D") indicate Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear in that order.
Seriously thank you so much @JAJ

i’ll let u know whats up

In the V6L
The Xineering guys are pretty sharp - should work well. Another option is to track down a DSC Sport controller and set the currents to zero. I'm thinking it's a bit less finicky than the Ford VDM.

The Xineering guys are pretty sharp - should work well. Another option is to track down a DSC Sport controller and set the currents to zero. I'm thinking it's a bit less finicky than the Ford VDM.
Open in the right rear harness…..got it fixed, i still put on the xineering cancellers because they are a lot better imho.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel