The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Baby brother for the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really like the S2000 but I don't fit in it very well. That windshield cowling comes too far into the cockpit. I can get in ok but struggle getting out. :rolleyes:

Smaller and lighter are good things in track cars.

They are really similar.
RWD [emoji3581]
NATURALLY ASPIRATED [emoji3581]
FORGED INTERNALS[emoji3581]
HIGH REVVING [emoji3581]
LATERAL GRIP [emoji3581]
FUN TO DRIVE AT THE LIMIT [emoji3581][emoji3581]

I think the transmission is the best I've ever driven. I drove the stang yesterday and it Felt so clunky.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Loved the S2000 I had except for the seats. Absolutely no padding and 2 hours and your tailbone is numb!! Super fun , but I could not take the seats with my back, so had to part with the little VTEC beastie. Agree with you on the high revving fun ------ that holds alot of appeal to Boss and GT 350 owners!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I believe there are two generations of the 2000 when it comes to rear suspensions. One is durable, one not so.
I have seen two have catastrophic failures of the rear suspension resulting in separation of rear wheel and control arms from chassis.

Yup I'm learning all about them
Ap1
Ap2 04 and older

Both the dif is made of glass. It's on the list of mods to be done

Enjoy them both. What's the weight on the baby brother?
2800 lbs
She's got headers, high flow cats, and exhaust.
Koni yellows and upgraded sway bars. I ran her at Pocono a couple weeks ago. The rear likes to step out more quickly than the Boss.
She came as you see her. I did nothing but maintenance.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
See a lot of those types of cars zipping around here. Awesome little car, congratulations. I have to say though, I love how muscular the Boss looks next to it.

Good. I did not want to come across as an ass. Just wanted to ensure you were aware of a possible issue.
Enjoy the new ride!!
Thanks. I didn't take it like that.

The good thing about buying a 15 year old car, is there is a ton of info about it. And lots of people that have already done the trial and error! I'm actually very lucky. I found a mechanic about an hour from me. He only works on these cars and he designs parts for them too.

One of my biggest reasons to buy it was $$$.

The Boss is a lot of fun.
Especially when I'm keeping up with or passing the corvettes and Porsches[emoji6]

But it's expensive for me anyway. I could only afford to go 3/4 times a year. And I love the car and have had a handful of close calls. I also don't want to wreck it.

The S is much cheaper to run and insure. And if i did crash it, I wouldn't be as upset.

My plan is to track the S as much as I can and track the Boss at least once a year.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually both of your cars have solid value, as the market for both of your high revving brothers have strong continents of passionate owners, which leads to above average resale for each!

Actually both of your cars have solid value, as the market for both of your high revving brothers have strong continents of passionate owners, which leads to above average resale for each!
I agree!

But I have no desire to sell either one anytime soon [emoji41]

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
@Jza1736 - I'm in the same boat with my Boss too but I will have six track days this year. I've often thought of buying a 100 percent track car but work and family get in my way. Besides, I'm having too much fun with the Boss and barely have the tyme to work on it. If the baby brother gets beat up a little, he recovers easier just like in life.

@Jza1736 - I'm in the same boat with my Boss too but I will have six track days this year. I've often thought of buying a 100 percent track car but work and family get in my way. Besides, I'm having too much fun with the Boss and barely have the tyme to work on it. If the baby brother gets beat up a little, he recovers easier just like in life.
I want more seat time and I couldn't afford any more days with the Boss.

It was a little bit of an investment, but now track day insurance is only a 100.
Rotors are $20 each and I had fuel left in the tank after 7 sessions.

I'm thinking I'll get 6 to 8 days now. I guess I'll be going through more tires now. But at least it's 17" rubber[emoji6]

TMO Supporting Vendors