The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Back seat wrinkles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Anybody with a 2012/2013 have a wrinkle like the one shown in the last pic on this link? Would you consider this a defect and want a warranty replacement or not? From a new SBY 2013. ???

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail/photos/multiPhotoPopup.jsp?paId=450976228&tracktype=newcc&aff=national#0

Woah. That is not something I would mess with unless I knew that they were going to replace the entire bottom section of the rear seats... But a dealership would probably send that off under warranty work to an uplostry shop and they would just replace that section. I had a similar incident with a 2009 Lincoln MKS and thats what they did in the end.

Mine looks worse than that, the gaps for the baby seat connectors (or whatever the holes are for) hang loose and gape a bit. I assumed they all did that.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I was waiting for an LS guy to chime in, just too easy. :D

I learned a long time ago that more harm than good can come from trying to fix an annoyance issue like that. It wouldn't keep me from buying that car. My 2012 BOSS 302 has a few paint nibs and a noticeable paint run on the strut tower brace but I don't let it bother me, just a product of mass production and I consider them unique attributes of my car. I also noticed that I can see insulation pad just behind the VIN pad on the dash if I look through the windshield from the front of my car...just not worth messing with. This car is all business and I love that! I agree with killerwill13 about the dealer sending the seat bottom to an upolstery shop as I enquired about the standard boss seats for my car and dealer said they can only piece parts together to make an entire seat...not practical.
Thats a beautiful car by the way!
BOSS2664

Since brought up .... does anyone have wrinkles on the front seats? My driver side as a couple on the right side..

Or am I just too chubby?

???

Yes, but mine are on the left ass-bolster. The fabric is loose on the seat and moves when I get in and out, exacerbated by my being a chubby guy and my garage being so narrow I can not open the door very far. I asked about it a while back, and people said it was normal.

Recaros in my Evo were nice and tight, but that particular section was leather. It was alcantara with leather around the edges. Are other cloth seats this loose? The ones in my Tundra are even looser, you can slide the whole thing around.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel