The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Backup Camera Recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Thought I'd share in case those with used vehicles might not get the mail...

I just got a recall notice letter (22S06) / NHTSA 22V082) for the backup cameral on my 2017. Like many others have experienced here, mine always cuts out after my first hot track session of the day and comes back the next morning.

The letter says that the parts aren't available but should be by the end of the 4th quarter and if you have the issue to call in to schedule repair. If you already repaired it, they want to inspect it to make sure it was done properly and may be eligible for a refund for the paid repair.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Mine's been completely useless for 2 years now. It only works below 40 degrees ...
That's my 3 rd recall letter for this, with parts timing keeping getting delayed (supply chain issues aren't getting resolved anytime soon). So i've learned to parallel park and backup with a halo seat and no rear view cam, old school way :p

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
I realize I may be no help, but just sharing my experience with the backup camera issues

I’m on my 3rd S550, and my first two had backup camera issues

the first s550 (2017), often the camera would go black and/or flicker.
i got warranty denied even with new car warranty so I spliced opened the wire harness that runs to the trunk when it opens, and I discovered one of the wire ripped clean by the tension created by when opening/closing trunk.. so I spliced it together and solved the issue.

second car(2020), only troubled me for a brief moment on two separate occasion during 1yr ownership with screen breaking with rainbow lines on a blue screen, but I traded that car in

current car (2020), no trouble yet, but I just got my recall software update done at the dealership while trying to diagnose a misfire (which dealer failed to diagnose the root cause 🤦🏻‍♂️)

My 2017 definitely was a physical issue, whereas the recent recall notice I received for my 2020 was regarding a software update to the PCM

Ford Racing is working on a reverse camera system to work while you're going forward so you can see all your competition behind you..............This will augment your rear view mirrors ,of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................Fabman may be interested in this....................................:thumbsup:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I don't recall ever using the camera, I only recently found out there was one there. :D I have a base car so that whole area is pretty small and much ignored.
I'm an old guy, I grew up on mirrors, and the 'stang has 3 of them. For backing up I was taught to kind of skew yourself sideways in the seat, right arm hooked over the seat back and look out the back window.
In 1967 when I got my drivers licence, mirrors were all you got in your mom's 1966 Pontiac six banger with the fabulous 2 speed slushbox, er, automatic. On the upside though, my old man had an Austin Healey 3000 Mk I with the Ruddspeed 3 carburetor engine and an overdrive trans. I learned to drive on that. Now that was fun!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel