The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BAD EXPERIENCE w/"PYPES" look out for this company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purchased PYPES Bombs 2 years ago ....don't drive my car very much and a couple months ago i heard a rattle...had the Boss put on a lift and was told its the passenger side baffle inside the axle back is rattling ...i called PYPES last week and talked to a tech, tech told me to send in a audio/video and that PYPES has had several of the same problems and PYPES would send me another axle back....sent in A/V of the rattle and received several very rude emails today from another tech whom wouldn't give me his name saying they wouldn't do anything for this....after a call from the tech belittling me i was totally frustrated with this company's service.....has anyone had the same problems and has anyone contacted the company's owner Chris Casperson to let him know what is going on and tried to call corporate office ..there phone number posted is just a fax...!!

Sorry to hear that. You are the 6th person i've heard this one this summer alone. It even happened to my friends 2007 Shelby GT but he won those. Still he called for a replacement and they told him to go pound sand.

Re: BAD EXPERIENCE w/"PYPES" look out for this company

I haven't ever though Pypes was good quality stuff and knowing the CS sucks just adds to the dislike. Sarkis look at Lethal I know they have an H and probably have an X pipe.

Thanks Brandon, I'll look into the lethals. I'm considering a tune for next season, so I was looking at eliminating the cats while at it.

I'm going to trash mine and look into kooks too....got an email from PYPES yesterday saying I just bashing them...I replied back saying "how can it be bashing if what I'm stating is true".....no response back from the tech yet..

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Business Name: Pypes Performance Exhaust. Location: Hatfield, PA 19440

This company is not an accredited member of their local chapter of the Better Business Bureau, but this is not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, however this link will give you more information on this:

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/mufflers-and-exhaust-systems/pypes-performance-exhaust-in-hatfield-pa-20032387

They have a B- rating with the MidLantic BBB. I do not have any personal dealing with Pypes, so I will not type hearsay about them. It would be nice if they were represented here, but since they are not, I have no opinion other than the factual information I found above.

I can say that customer service is most important in dealing with any "Performance Parts" Company.

Good luck with the resolve of your issue,
302 Hi Pro

Re: BAD EXPERIENCE w/"PYPES" look out for this company

F.D. Sako said:
Thanks Brandon, I'll look into the lethals. I'm considering a tune for next season, so I was looking at eliminating the cats while at it.
NP, I have their O/R H and the fit is great. Also on tune I would greatly suggest AED like most people as Shaun has been awesome before during and after my engine issues.

thank you for the BBB site ....looking into it there was the same almost word for word complaint ...hum....again thx 302 hi pro.
I filed too ....
dean

Went to Cars n Coffee in Birmingham today ....several stangs there, one guy talking about his electronic pipe cutouts and the problem he had with them and the company PYPES....i had never even spoke with this guy...again..beware....they wouldnt solve the problem and the tech was rude

TMO Supporting Vendors