The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bad valve stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was thinking about this some more, and I wonder if in my case the order of the sensors changed when they remounted the wheels. That might explain it. On another note, I had a sidewall crack on one of my rear GT500 wheels a couple weeks ago so I replaced both rear tires and had a fault. I am guessing I reinstalled them on opposite sides of where they were originally.

It should not make a difference if they were put on the other side, I have done this without any problems. I could be wrong but the way I understand these are even if you swap them between cars or replace them with different/new sensors they will be "learned" without any tools.

I will ask the techs next time I go by my dealer and see what they say.

TMO Supporting Vendors