The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Banjo bolt torque

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently installed steel braided lines up front and saw the torque spec from Ford for the banjo bolt was 41 ft/lbs. This ended up being disastrously wrong, does anyone have the torque spec they used?

I'm not sure but check the Stoptech website and see if they have it posted.

I hadn't found anything on Stoptech, though I was on my phone. These were Goodrich but they also didn't include any specs.
Has anyone reused the stock banjo bolts up front without issue? They are longer than those supplied with the kit but also didn't bottom out.

Brandon302 said:
I hadn't found anything on Stoptech, though I was on my phone. These were Goodrich but they also didn't include any specs.
Has anyone reused the stock banjo bolts up front without issue? They are longer than those supplied with the kit but also didn't bottom out.
12-24 ft/lbs. It was printed right on the back of the package on the set I installed a couple months ago. I'm guessing 41 ft/lbs collapsed it.

Just snapped it. From what I read on the package that wasn't for the banjo bolt, though I may need to re-read it.

Oh it spun right out, I just wonder now if the stock bolt is fine since it will actually go in deeper than the supplied bolts.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Brandon302 said:
Oh it spun right out, I just wonder now if the stock bolt is fine since it will actually go in deeper than the supplied bolts.

Take the stock bolt and washers and thread them in. Look and see if the gap between washers is less than the thickness of the banjo.

If it is and there is room for fluid to flow, you are good.

TMSBOSS said:
Take the stock bolt and washers and thread them in. Look and see if the gap between washers is less than the thickness of the banjo.

If it is and there is room for fluid to flow, you are good.
The bolts are in and the brakes have been bled fine so I am guessing it must be good to go.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel